[Confronting Shadows]

~The Next Morning~ 

               The previous day had been a whirlwind of revelations and adjustments, but as the sun rose on a new day, I found myself settling into my new life at Stark Tower. 

               Now, with my first training session with Loki looming on the horizon, I decided to start the morning by seeking out some company in the Tower's kitchen. As expected, Natasha and Bruce were already there, engaged in their morning routine.          

               "Good morning, Liz," Natasha greeted me warmly as I entered the room, followed by a nod of acknowledgment from Bruce. "Did you have a nice night?"

               "Good morning, Natasha. Yes, I did. It was definitely the best night's sleep I've ever had. The bed is so comfortable," I replied with a smile, appreciating the genuine concern for my comfort.

               Natasha offered me a cup of coffee, to which I eagerly accepted, taking a seat next to Bruce. As we engaged in conversation, the topic inevitably turned to my impending training with Loki.

               "So I heard that you will be starting out your training with Loki after all?" Bruce inquired, setting aside his newspaper to join the discussion.

               "Mhmm," I hummed in response, trying to suppress the nervous flutter in my stomach. "Not sure how I feel about it though. Yesterday, Tony made it sound like Loki didn't want to train me. Evidently, Thor threatened him until he finally agreed."

               Natasha chimed in with a knowing smirk, "Oh, how am I not surprised. If you ever get into trouble with Loki, I'm sure Thor will be more than happy to help sort things out."

               "Yeah, I bet," I agreed, taking a sip of my coffee to mask my growing apprehension.

               "Where will you be training at?" Bruce inquired, taking a sip of his drink as he leaned back in his chair.

               "I think we're just going to do it in his cell," I responded, a wry smile playing on my lips. "I imagine Tony wouldn't like the idea of him being outside it, especially since he did just try to take over all of New York City." The irony wasn't lost on me as I chuckled softly, recognizing the absurdity of the situation.

               As the conversation continued, Natasha, Bruce, and I engaged in light banter until they eventually had to leave the kitchen. Left alone with my thoughts, I decided to whip up some breakfast for myself, hoping to fuel up before the day's activities began in earnest. However, my culinary ambitions were dampened by the surprisingly sparse contents of the fridge and cabinets. Undeterred, I settled for a simple bowl of cereal, resigning myself to the reality of limited options in the Tower's kitchen.

               Suddenly, Tony entered the kitchen, joining me in my morning routine. He inquired about my sleep and expressed curiosity about my thoughts on training with Loki.

               "I'm looking forward to it. I think it will be good for me to be taught how to use my power by someone who has powers," I responded, trying to sound more confident than I felt.

               Tony acknowledged my response with understanding, yet left the door open for alternative training options if I should change my mind.

••••••••••••

               With the morning rituals completed and my training session drawing near, I retreated to my room to prepare myself mentally. As I donned a comfortable yet practical attire for the session, I couldn't shake the nagging feeling of uncertainty that lingered in the back of my mind.

               As I made my way down to the basement where Loki's cell was located, I ran into Thor, his imposing presence a comforting sight amidst the labyrinthine corridors of Stark Tower.

               "Hey, it's Elizabeth Stark. Where might you be heading off to?" he questioned, his voice a reassuring anchor in the midst of my swirling thoughts.

               "I have my first training with Loki today," I replied. "Does he know I'm coming?"

               "Oh, good luck. If he causes any trouble, let me know, I can deal with him," Thor insisted, his confidence in his ability to handle his mischievous brother palpable. "And I do believe that he knows."

               I responded gratefully, a sense of determination steeling my resolve as I continued my descent into the depths of the Tower.

               After about ten minutes of searching for an elevator or stairs, I finally found an elevator and pressed the button that led to the basement. Stark Tower's intricate layout proved to be a formidable challenge to navigate, and I couldn't shake the feeling that it would take some time to acclimate to its maze-like corridors.

               The elevator doors opened to reveal a dimly lit, eerily quiet space that seemed to exude an air of secrecy and containment. With no sign of Loki's cell in sight, I proceeded down a narrow hallway, my footsteps echoing softly against the cold, sterile walls.

               Reaching the end of the hall, I was met with a massive bolted door, its imposing presence serving as a stark reminder of the formidable figure that lay beyond its confines. Peering through a small window at the top of the door, I caught a glimpse of Loki, his form silhouetted against the dim light of his cell.

               Bingo.

               As I observed Loki sitting on a chair, his demeanor seemingly nonchalant yet shrouded in an aura of calculated mischief, I couldn't help but feel a shiver run down my spine. The realization that I would soon be facing him sent a wave of trepidation coursing through my veins.

               Suddenly, I was jolted from my reverie by the sound of approaching footsteps behind me. Whirling around, I found Thor standing before me, his presence a reassuring anchor amidst the uncertainty that threatened to overwhelm me.

               "Sorry if I scared you. I realized I probably should have told you where Loki's cell is. I guess you managed to find it, though," he concluded, his tone tinged with a hint of apology. "I also forgot to tell you that someone needs to be down here with you while you are training with him. The door only locks on the outside, so someone needs to be able to lock the door when you go in there, that way he can't escape."

               "So you're going to lock me in a room with your murderous brother," I joked weakly, attempting to alleviate the tension that hung heavy in the air..

               "Only until you are done training for the day," Thor responded with a wry smile. "Well, whenever you're ready," he nodded towards the door, his gesture a silent encouragement to face my fears head-on.

               With a determined nod, I steeled myself for the task ahead, my heart pounding with a mixture of excitement and trepidation as I prepared to confront the enigmatic figure that lay beyond the bolted door. As Thor unlocked the door and I stepped inside, I braced myself for whatever challenges lay ahead, ready to prove myself against one of the most formidable adversaries I had ever faced.