[A New Beginning]

I cautiously peeked my head inside. There they were—Tony Stark, Thor Odinson, Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, and Clint Barton—sitting around a grand table. It was surreal. Though I'd seen them countless times on television, being in their presence felt like stepping into another dimension. Their gazes converged on me as I awkwardly shuffled into the room.

               "Umm, hi," I managed, mustering a smile and an uncertain wave. Smooth, Liz, real smooth.

               "Hello," Tony responded. "Jarvis said you wanted to talk to us."

               Jarvis? So that's the robot's name. "Uh, yes. I wanted to talk to you, Tony Stark," I began, mentally cringing at my lack of finesse. "I was just wondering if you remember hooking up with a pretty young woman about 20ish years ago." Facepalm.

               The Avengers exchanged incredulous glances. Natasha widened her eyes, while Thor and Steve chuckled. Tony appeared dumbfounded.

               "Wait, what?" Tony's brows furrowed, and he exchanged a glance with Bruce, who shrugged. They all turned their attention back to me.

               "That's right, I'm your long-lost daughter," I announced, offering an awkward smile.

               "No, that can't be, I don't have any children," Tony hesitated.

               "Well, you're looking at one," I declared, producing the DNA test from my back pocket. "I have the DNA test to prove it."

               Tony bolted from his chair, snatching the papers from my hand. He scrutinized them, his expression fluctuating between disbelief and uncertainty. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I don't believe it. Kid, come with me," he blurted out. Natasha and Bruce exchanged murmurs, while Thor chuckled at Tony's reaction.

               I followed him hastily to what appeared to be a lab. He insisted on conducting his own DNA test, and I complied, plucking a hair from my head as instructed.

               After a tense few minutes, the test concluded. "Well, I'll be damned," Tony muttered to himself, scanning the results. He glanced up at me. "You really are my daughter." I couldn't suppress a smile.

               Returning to the others, Tony took his seat, and Natasha inquired, "Well?"

               "She is my daughter," Tony confirmed, sinking back into his chair. "I can't believe it." He gestured to the seat across from him, inviting me to join them, and I complied, feeling a sense of belonging wash over me.

               "I realized I never properly introduced myself," I began, mindful of the formalities. "My name is Elizabeth Stark, but most people call me Liz."

               They greeted me warmly, echoing sentiments of welcome and camaraderie. As they introduced themselves, I assured them that I was familiar with their identities.

               "So, how old are you?" Thor inquired.

               I hesitated momentarily, suddenly uncertain of my own age. "Umm, it's 2012, right?" I ventured.

               They exchanged perplexed glances. "Uh, yes," Thor confirmed.

               "Okay, cool," I muttered, retrieving my phone to calculate. "22," I announced, a slight flush coloring my cheeks.

               "Did you really just have to calculate your own age?" Tony teased, eliciting laughter from Steve, Thor, and Clint.

               "Well, I didn't think I'd make it this far," I quipped, though the truth of my statement lingered beneath the surface.