...

Jackson entered Cristina psych room at Seattle where Alex, April and Meredith were.

-How are we doing here?- he checked her feet.

-Hey, Jackson- Meredith said- how's Cora doing? Has she left Mark's room?

-Nope- he sighed- I go to keep them company whenever I can. I keep him updated, but Cora never leaves unless it's necessary. She snaps every time I tell her to go home.

-What is wrong with you two?- the blonde snapped- they're fine. They're gonna be fine. Arizona's not gonna lose her leg, Sloan is coming back and Cora's gonna go back to surgery. They're coming back. So let's act like it- she looked at Cristina who just stared at them- they're gonna be fine. We're all going to be fine.

-How long are we saying that this is okay?- Alex frowned.

-As long as she needs.

-I, for one, find it refreshing- April stated- they say, if you don't have something nice to say...she never has anything nice to say- she sighed looking at Cristina- come on, Yang! I'm wide open. Just hit me- nothing came out of Cristina's mouth.

...

Cora was sleeping with her arms rested on the side of Mark's bed and her head on top of them when Derek entered the room.

-Cora...- he tried to wake her with a whisper.

-What?- she got up in alarm- who's dying?

It took her a while to realise she was safe in Seattle.

-No one is- Derek said with sadness as he watched his little sister like that- Callie's doing my surgery. She's doing a nerve craft.

It broke his heart yo see Cora like that. She always lived up to her nick name. She was sunshine in a human form. Always bright. With that sparkle in her eyes.

But the light was gone. She had this huge bags under her eyes. There was no sparkle anymore.

And that broke Derek's heart.

-Really? That'll bring you full function if it goes well.

-Yeah- he nodded and then looked at his friend- Jackson told me you keep snapping at him every time he tells you to go home.

-I don't wanna go home- she looked at Mark- he needs me here.

-We're not in the woods anymore, Cora- he put a hand on her shoulder- he's got dozens of doctors around him. Me included. You can go have some rest.

-I can't. What if something bad happens while I'm at my house?

-Nothing bad is going to happen- he gave her a warm look.

-Promise me you'll call me if anything seems odd.

-I promise- Derek kissed her hair.

...

When Jackson got out of the shower, Cora was brushing her hair sitting in the dressing table. She hadn't said a word since they got home.

He sighed as he put a shirt on.

-Every time I closed my eyes- Cora started to say with her eyes still on her reflection in the mirror- every time I closed my eyes, Mark died- Jackson looked at her- he just kept saying he wanted to go with Lexie and I kept begging him to hold on 'cause I couldn't do it without him. I am terrified right now because if he wants to go with Lexie I won't be there to tell him to hold on and...- her voice broke- I need to get back to the hospital.

-Cora...

-No! You don't get it!- she snapped with tears running down her face- he just kept dying! -Jackson didn't say anything. Instead, he approached her and embraced her- let me go!- she tried to pull him out but he was stronger- get off, Jackson! Please, please...- she gave in as she broke down in his arms- I'm still terrified.