Chapter 10: The Promise

Beginne am Anfang

"What's that for?" I mumble with my mouth full of chocolate. I nod towards the guitar.

"Oh well I kind of wrote you something. As well as learned how to play. But I did it just this morning so sorry if I suck." He says blushing. Awe! He learned the guitar for me, and wrote a song! Oh he really is perfect.

"Well play it! I wanna hear how much of a musical genius you are." I say lifting the guitar and hanging it to him. He wipes his hands off and grabs it. He starts playing the intro:

"Am I sleep am I awake or somewhere in between

I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me

Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined

Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine

Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss

And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this

I'm just the underdog who finally got the boy

And I am not ashamed to tell it to the world!

Truly, madly, deeply I am

Foolishly, completely falling

And somehow you caved all my walls in

So baby say you'll always keep me

Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you

In love with you

Should I put coffee and granola on a tray in bed

And wake you up with all the words that I still haven't said

And tender touches just to show you how I feel

Or should I act so cool, like it was no big deal

Wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this

I'll put this day back on replay and keep reliving it

'Cause here's the tragic truth, if you don't feel the same

My heart would fall apart if someone said your name

Truly, madly, deeply I am

Foolishly, completely falling

And somehow you caved all my walls in

So baby say you'll always keep me

Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you

I hope I'm not a casualty

I hope you won't get up and leave

Might not mean that much to you

But to me it's everything

Everything

Truly, madly, deeply I am

Foolishly, completely falling

And somehow you caved all my walls in

So baby say you'll always keep me

Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love (in love)

With you (with you)

In love (in love)

With you (with you)

In love (in love)

With you (with you)"

((So obviously that was One Direction's song "Truly, Madly, Deeply". It didn't perfectly fit the situation but the other one I was thinking of I thought would work better at a later time.))

As he plays the last few bars in the song he looks up to see my reaction. I'm sitting there emotional as hell. Tears falling down my eyes.

"It was perfect Haz. You wrote that all bye yourself?" I ask amazed.

"Yeah, I started writing a couple years ago. You were the inspiration for most of them. I finally finished it the day after we first worked on the project." He says proudly. I wiped away my new-fallen tears and hug him.

"That song was absolutely perfect. This night has been absolutely perfect. And you are absolutely perfect" I say snuggling into his chest. We sit there just holding each other for awhile. He breaks the silence by asking a pretty random question.

"Hey Lou?" I respond with an mhmm, "will you bury me in the sand? Like we used to when we were little,"

"You want me to bury you, in the sand?" I ask making sure I heard him right.

"Mhmm! C'mon!" He drags me off the blanket and into the sand. He lays down on his back and sits there patiently.

"Ready when you are!" He exclaims. I laugh and go over and start covering him in sand.

Harry's POV

So he liked the song and the date. I can't wait till he finds the last part. Gosh I hope he doesn't think I'm stupid.

I sit there and let him cover me in sand. Waiting and waiting for him to find what I've buried. A gasp from him signals that he has.

"Hazza...is this a-a wedding ring?" He asks after his initial shock. I sit up and brush all the sand off.

"No it's not. It's a promise ring," I say clearing up the confusion, "I spent so long missing you and I don't ever want to do that again. This is me promising you that I'll be by your side for as long as you want me there."

I sigh in relief as he puts it on. So he isn't going to reject me.

"But why now? Why so soon? I mean it's only our first date." He says confused.

"Do you remember the day in the park, this park, when that bitch Josh was messing with you?" he nods sadly remembering the day, "Do you remember what I said?" He thinks for a second and then nods.

"You said 'I , Harry Styles, will be here for you whenever you need it. No matter the time, no matter the place. Call me and I'll be by your side.' " he says quoting me perfectly. I nod to show he got it right.

"When I said forever, I meant. It And this ring," I point to it on his finger, "is my promise. I don't care if we get married. I don't care if you decide you only want to be friends. I don't care if you decide you don't want the ring or me anymore, I won't take it back. Because I won't leave you. If you do end up not wanting me I'll fight till the day I die for you to. Because I'd rather die than live without my BooBear for another minute."

I take a deep breath after finishing. I look up to make sure I haven't scared him away. He scootches closer to me and grabs my face so he is eye level with me.

"You don't ever have to worry about fighting for me, because you had me the day we met. And never, ever have to worry about losing me because my entire existence revolves around wherever you are." he says taking my breath away.

"Really?" I ask. Not believing him. He nods.

"I meant that more than anything else I have ever said. You are my HazzaBear and no one else's." he says.

"And you are my BooBear," I respond. I lean in closer to kiss him and he meets me half away.

Sparks erupt and my heart almost stops as I kiss him, the boy I've been wanting to kiss since that horrible day four years ago when I stormed away.