Be Realistic

Fluff
——

George's POV

Hi I'm George, your average 17 year old who is the shy nerdy outcast in high school. Do I have a crush? Yeah I do! You know who it is? The popular football captain who is sooooo dreamy and cool and everyone wants him.

You know how the books and movies go. Me, the nerd, and Dream, the popular guy, gets together right? Fall madly in love with each other? I'm being so shy and cutesy?

Yeahhhh... NO.

This is reality, ok? Not everything will go as you want it to, it's not fantasy.

The reality is, he doesn't know I exist and I'm staying the fuck away from him and admire him from afar until the next week and I forget about my small crush that I developed out of nowhere.

Realistically, who would fall for someone that quickly? Unless you're that desperate or you're easy to get then alright, you do you.

Be realistic here. The closest that I've gotten to speak with Dream is when he asked for a pencil in class. Or he wants a answer to something we are working on. I have 2 classes with this kid. He's attractive and I might only like him for his looks. He can be nice sometimes, but come on. Do we actually like him for his personality? Maybe, maybe not. He's just fucking hot.

It's not the typical cliché type stuff. Like I said, this is reality. I don't mind it like this.

Plus I can't see myself being in a relationship with him anyway.

I rather make up the fantasy in my head instead. And relationships isn't really my thing either. I can't do commitment. I also can't really show affection or express how I feel.

Everything is how it should be.

——

"Will you go out with me?"

Now how the hell did it go to... THIS?!

Ok let's rewind to this morning.

It's Monday, 7 am in the morning. I'm up and I'm ready to go to school even though I don't wanna be there.

I get to school, say hi to some friends and mutuals that I have, go to my locker, get my shit, go to my classes. Everything was normal. But the fact that Dream and his goons were acting weird as fuck today for some reason. Dream's friends were very pushy to him and giggly and Dream seemed very nervous about something.

I have my two last classes with him so I couldn't figure out much in the morning.

When it was time for lunch, I took my usual route to the library until I was stopped by Dream in the middle of the hallway.

"Hey Dream. What's up?"

"Can you meet me behind the bleachers after school? I have something important to tell you.", he smiles and tries to act cool like he usually is.

Ok let's think about this. He wants to meet me after school behind the bleachers. Either;

A. Him and his friends are going to beat me up