An Ocean Away

Fluff
——

3rd Person POV

They were always gonna be an ocean away from each other. How long will it be until they get to be face to face with each other in person?

Dream stared at the pictures of George being with Tommy, Wilbur, Vikkstar, fans.

Dream watched Tommy's vlog. Seeing them having fun. Seeing George get on Wilbur's back.

Dream stared at the photo of George holding the vlog gun knowing that he was with Wilbur again.

Dream watched the "the vlog" stream George made. Seeing him run around with Wilbur. The wind blowing in his hair. Riding bikes. Meeting more fans.

Dream watched Wilbur's stream where he and George played geoguesser. Seeing how they mess with each other, playfully throwing stuff at each other, Wilbur making fun of George for being short, etc. And at some point, he also joined the stream and talked with them while also playing geoguesser for a bit. Hiding his envy.

Dream longed for the day where that could be him and George together. Having fun. Running around. He longed for the day to meet his best friend.

But they will always be an ocean away from each other. When will he ever get to hug George? Run up to him like how Tommy did.

An ocean away, global pandemic, travel ban.

They seem so far away from each other. So out of reach.

Dream was brought out of his thoughts when he heard the notification sound on his phone signaling that someone had texted him.

He checked who it was and smiled fondly.

George: hey I made it home!

Dream: glad you made it home safely : )

Dream: do you want to facetime?

They don't facetime often but occasionally they do. Mostly Dream wanting to see George's face more and the closest they can get to 'seeing' each other.

Dream waited for George to answer but instead of a text back, he got a facetime call from George and he answered it immediately.

"Dream!", George had a big smile on his face.

"George!", Dream also smiled widely.

One day they won't be a ocean away from each other. Dream will make sure of that.

——

A/N this sucks but at least I wrote something🥲 I haven't written in so long that I almost forgot how I formatted these😭

385 words