~Chapter 22: Come and Go~

"How in the world do you have the arm strength to throw snowballs that hard?" Tommy whined after being hit with a snowball by the young amnesiac woman. She laughed heartily, caring through the air back towards the home where Techno sat writing down notes from his desk in the cabin. Despite the air being cold, he had the window open to hear for anything and to simply watch over the two. Y/n's laughter caused Techno to stop for a moment and watch her, in a way, it reminded him of what he was fighting for. Who he was fighting for. This situation wasn't simply about him anymore. It was about Philza, and Y/n, and justice in the place of the corruption of the land and those who ran it. His usually sharp and unkind eyes softened at her smile, her joy, and her status starting to revert to what it might have been weeks ago. Deep within, he knew what he was doing might not have been what she wanted, though there was no other choice. Techno didn't want anything to happen to Y/n after all she had done to get better.

"Come on, I didn't throw it that hard. You're being a baby!" Y/n joked with the blonde who took offense to the comment and he began to throw a tantrum.

"I am not a baby!" Tommy defended, kicking some snow in Y/n's direction who was still capable of avoiding the substance from touching her. It was hard to tell if she truly was getting better at a faster rate, or if Tommy's strengths weren't where they should be for a young man his age.

"So are you going to continue to pout about or are we going to have a real snowball fight, Tommy?" Y/n picked up another snowball with her only free arm and gripped it well, she felt another giggle rise up as Tommy had a look of wariness at her offer.

"I think I would rather hide in a snowbank." The blonde retorted. The amnesiac woman stifled the rest of her giggle just as a gust of wind blew through the field of snow. It swept Y/n's hair around her and she swore she heard another voice. Echoey and soft, like a whisper in her ear from someone right next to her. A mere,

Hello.

As fast as the greeting came and went a long shiver rattled down her spine and by the look on Tommy's face, he too felt a wave of unsettling emotions before the pair looked to one another... Tommy looked behind himself and stepped towards Y/n, just to reveal a figure standing out in the snow.

With one half of his body blending in with the surrounding, the other contrasted so harshly, it was almost a joke if he ever tried to hide here... Not as if there were many places to hide in such a vast empty area here. Yet his heterochromatic eyes widened at the fact that both Tommy and Y/n's eyes landed on him. The trio could all tell that they weren't sure how to react to a sudden and new figure in the area, but to Y/n it only took her a moment or two to recognize the man's distinct features.

Y/n placed her good hand on Tommy's shoulder and whispered in a soft yet urgent tone,

"Go inside. Tell Techno." And it was all Tommy needed to step away, awkwardly but with a purpose. Leaving only two to face each other in the white-coated land. It wasn't a surprise as she spoke up first.

"You... You are one of the four that came here. That tried to kill Techno." She murmured and the odd man pursed his lips into a thin line. His eyes showing hesitancy towards answering her yet he found his voice. A low octave in pitch, similar to Techno's, but it was clear in the inflection how he wasn't as confident or mentally strong as the man Y/n was familiar with.

"Yes. I was. Though I'm not here to cause trouble... My alliance with them was bad judgment. I came to make peace."

"He isn't happy, and I feel as if peace is the last thing he wishes to make at the moment. You should have probably picked a better time." Y/n scolded the man, who the more she observed could only guess he was roughly around Tommy's age, and only a few years younger than her.