~Chapter 13: Darkness Approaches~

Just as the morning sun rose, Philza stepped out of the purple-colored hue that was the Nether portal. Ancient structures that connected their world to another world shaded by colors of red and Hellish monstrosities that did call the Nether their home. The Nether's only redeeming quality was its odd manipulation between realms. The air was always thinner, and it always felt like everything was lighter in that realm... What was the most useful was the distance one could travel. A few steps in the Nether could bring a human far away from their original entry point. Thus, it was used by people normally to travel long distances and to spend less time but there was always the exchange of time for safety. Lava, creatures, and unlevel terrain. That was one of many reasons why Philza hated it...

He also despised those he knew who used the Nether for dark acts and as a sense of imprisonment.

That was not his problem at the moment, after exiting the portal he knew he had to rush back to his home in the center of town to retrieve the medicine for Y/n. All while making sure no one knew of his return.

The angelic man rushed down the dark stone steps back onto the main path where everyone was going about their day. People going about their day and merchants getting ready to head to the central plaza to sell their goods. On any other day, Philza would take in the livelihood that the land had as he reminisced all that it had also taken from him... Though this was not what he had time for.

He worried for Y/n's health, but lucky for him... He saw how Techno also worried for her. He knew that Techno would keep a close eye on her and for that, he was grateful for his friend's slow adaptation to someone new in his life. Sometimes, Philza truly did wonder where Y/n originated from. Though a part of him also was amazed by her appearance, the chances of her being there... What were the odds of such a meeting? Hopefully, Techno would continue to grow used to her presence... And thus Philza would grow comfortable and know that Techno's own healing would be observed. If they could help each other heal... It would take a bit more stress off of Philza's back.

The voices he battled, the past that haunted him, even his own name that held negative inflection. Techno may have seemed strong on the outside though Philza saw how each day he would crumble and struggle with figuring out who he truly was. It was all Techno could do when he lived the life he did ever since he was a young child.

Philza's sandals slapped against the pavement as he reached closer and closer to his home. While he was in a rush, he did his best to avoid anyone he didn't wish to see at the moment... he couldn't risk being found. Though he didn't see the dark-haired male observing him from the window of the meeting room. The male's teeth clenched as he knew it was now or never before he turned his attention to the fellow men in the room, including President Tubbo.

"We need to get moving now." the male sighed as he grabbed his beanie from the mahogany table they all sat around.

"Huh? Big Q, we literally just sat down." Tubbo asked.

"Yeah, Quackity... What's the deal." Fundy whined, even though he acted much more mature than a normal child his age would, there were moments when he would still whine like the child he was.

"No bickering. Trust me on this... This will be our only shot, but I am certain about where that damn pig is. Philza knows."

"Philza? Woah Woah Woah, Quackity. That man raised me! Philza is a good man!" Tubbo argued though Quackity didn't seem to falter. Usually, he was a very bubbly and kind person, though lately, he had begun to act ever so slightly more alarming.