~Chapter 19: Familiar~

"What in the Gods are you doing here, Tommy?" Techno's voice was stern and low, as the man he was moments prior seemed to once again be tucked away. His eyes were emotionless as the heel of his boot pressed harder and harder into the young man's back. He spewed a string of curses before laughing awkwardly,

"Techno! My man! My dude! My bro! Haha, funny seeing you here."

"I could say the same to you, this is my house and last I checked you have no reason being all the way out here. Last I heard, you were in exile with Dream." The pink-haired male took his foot off of Tommy's back who wasted no time standing back up and trying to level in height with Techno. Sad for Tommy since he lacked a few more inches in height and still needed to look up to Techno, but for Y/n they both were taller than her.

"Don't talk about Dream, look... It's complicated." Tommy huffed which didn't help his case with Techno, who seemed closer and closer to slaughtering this young man in cold blood with each passing moment. "He and I basically had a love-hate relationship and... I split. I walked for miles and days until I found your cabin here bud! I call this fate and so. This is our house now." Tommy patted the outside of the house as his tone never strayed from egotistical and proud, but when Techno took a step closer to him- his eyes barely held back the anger anyone could see within them, Tommy shied away and turned his attention on Y/n simply standing there.

"There's a woman here? Techno, when did you get a girlfriend?" Tommy burst out, placing an arm around Y/n as she stood there awkwardly and in shock. Her face heating up at the claim Tommy had placed as Techno's expression could only be described as dreadful.

"Tommy, she's not my girlfriend or anything of the sort. Please get your hands off her before you hurt her though." Techno rushed to her side, prying the blonde's arm away from around Y/n's shoulder and placing himself between the two. The tension between all three was heavy... Tommy looked closer at the girl and finally realized how her arm and head were both bandaged.

"Oh, she's injured. That sucks." He muttered before backing away, and while his tone seemed to hold very little care it was clear in his eyes how he didn't wish to really harm anyone here. Especially Y/n who was new to him. Techno, on the other hand, looked ready to put Tommy back into the ground. His breathing was slow and overall his energy held pure tension and possibly lingering hurt. From what Y/n knew that Techno held within him, she couldn't blame him for wanting to strangle this boy... But for Y/n. She was confused.

Tommy's voice, his overall annoyance, it was the first thing that Y/n could... Dare she say, familiar? It hit her like a brick. Her chest was tight and her eyes mildly wide that the other two could only guess as fear and shock from the sudden new figure. Though deep down that name meant something. Tommy? Who was Tommy?

"Well, I think you've overstayed your welcome, now if you don't mind. Get off my prop-"

"Techno, it would be rude to toss him out at a time like this. It's dark..." Y/n interrupted in a soft but kind voice as she looked up at Techno was worried puppy-dog-like eyes. No matter how much Techno wanted to leave Tommy out in the snow anyway, he knew he couldn't with how she looked at him. He didn't need her changing her mind suddenly on leaving even after he accepted her and now allowed her to stay. He only saw her words as kind and caring as she always seemed to be. He didn't hear the pleading in her voice that begged for this interaction to lead to an answer to her everlasting question.

After a while of looking at one another, Techno rubbed the back of his head as he tried to remain calm as he let out a long sigh.

"Fine... But if he ruins anything while he's here. He's sleeping in a snowbank."