Just like when I graduated from high school, from college. While every one of those days was a celebration, they were also kind of sad, too.

Taking a deep breath, like I have every time my mind has wandered down this road over the past couple of days, I squeeze Maggie tightly and think of the dark, disheveled bedhead waiting for me just down the hall.

It's not a half hour later that I'm holding back tears again. This time, because Maggie just looks so damn cute in her flower girl dress that it's making me crazy.

Like a little, sparkling, white cupcake, she props herself up, her little fingers grabbing the chair, watching as all four friends help me step into my gown.

Despite the simple backyard venue, none of my friends allowed me to go casual with the dress.

A silk, trumpet gown with thin, off the shoulder straps and a plunging cut in the back that reveals the majority of my spine, it's elegant and classic, even if a bit over the top for a lakeside, backyard wedding. As I twist in the mirror, the chapel length train gets caught around my calves and my veil sticks over my shoulders.

I stumble and Maggie claps her hands, a giggle bursting through the air.

"Yeah Mags?" I grunt, thanking Val and Gemma as they get my gown straight again. "You're supposed to be on my side."

"Oh, she is." Nadine coos, scooping Maggie into her arms and nestling her against her chest. "She's going to toss those petals like it's nobody's business out there. Aren't you?"

Maggie's hand is pale against Nadine's cheek and I wipe away another tear, returning my gaze to the mirror.

"Okay." I inhale a shaky breath, taking my bouquet from Kim's hands. White roses. The whitest I've ever seen, as absurd as it sounds. Leave it to Gemma. I exhale, holding the bouquet in front of me. "Let's do this."

My heart is hammering in my chest. The white curtains in front of me blow in the breeze, the smell off the lake comforting to my haywire nerves.

I wish I could've been on the other end to watch Maggie toss rose petals, to watch Jack carry the rings. To see my best friends in their bridesmaids gowns.

To see Beau when he first appeared. He must look so damn good in his suit. I'd kept my promise and didn't steal a sneak-peek before the big day. But it nearly killed me to not see what he'd picked out for himself.

Oh, to have seen him walk towards the altar. I nearly swoon at the mere thought.

No one ever tells you that the bride misses some of the best parts.

Shifting foot to foot, blisters already forming just beneath my pinky toes in the ridiculous heels G insisted on, I try to take a deep breath.

But I can't. My emotions are running wild, my hands shake with the intensity of my feelings. Rose petals practically vibrate in my fingers.

My cue is coming up. I squint, concentrating on the music. I've always loved Canon in D, but hearing it played for me... well that's just otherworldly.

"Ready, Emma?" Parker's voice makes me jump, my pinky toes flaring in protest.

"Christ." I gasp, my heart beating impossibly faster. I grip my bouquet tighter, my palms sweaty. "What took you so long?"

What I meant to say was... Thanks for doing this. Thanks for being here.

He looks great. His hair is still messy, but pushed off his face. A bow tie rests neatly at the base of his throat.