Chapter 11: The Transcendent Mind

"Guardians! Eramis is about to do the unthinkable! She is going into the Nexus with plans I do not know of, plans circling around a Vex portal that was built around your golden age. You must pursue and stop her before she can do anything else!"

That was all that Variks needed to say and the trio of guardians found themselves outside of the nexus in Europa in no time.

"We're going in after Eramis! What's going on?!" Suzuka asks.

"That Vex portal in the nexus was a portal that was used by humanity back in your golden age... It was meant to study Vex, but Vex escaped... Many were murdered..." Variks explains. "You must hurry, devastation awaits if Eramis opens that portal!"

"We're on our way." Spe-7 says as the trio pushes through the fighting Vex and Salvation Fallen, and Eramis begins to come online on the comms.

"Hello there, pawns of the once great machine." Eramis says. "I shouldn't be surprised that you all are here."

"Eramis, you must not do this! Do you not care about our people?!" Variks asks.

"Far more than you know, traitor." Eramis replies as the trio spots her ketch not too far off in the distance.

"We've got to get over there, to stop her!" Gold says, but before they can try a barrier blocks their way, guarded by a servitor and who appears to be Phylaks, but at the same time is not.

"Tell me Variks, was it not you who was torturing and murdering Eliksni in the prison of elders?! Tell me!" Eramis shouts. "Or are you not going to say anything you hypocrite?!" The trio then engages the Phylaks lookalike, deftly avoiding the stasis ground smashes and making short work of the towering Fallen along with the servitor guarding the barrier. The smaller ones back away as the trio continues forward.

"You are a monster if you do this!" Variks says.

"I'm no monster! I'm doing what I can for my people!" Eramis replies.

"You open that portal, you kill them all!" Variks shouts.

"Yes many will die, but even more shall live!" Eramis shouts back as the trio encounters another barrier, this time guarded by a Praxis lookalike, complete with stasis grenades. "Don't you remember Variks? Our world died, and we were powerless to stop it! I did everything I could to ensure that our people were safe, but not even that was enough. I could still hear the cries of our people, those injured and dying, I had to do something, and then the darkness presented itself! I took the opportunity before me and finally I have control over our situation! I can turn this around, I can finally do something! Call me what you will Variks, I'm doing this for the future of our people!"

"She's definitely got a screw loose in there..." Spe-7 mumbles as Eramis finishes ranting.

"What was that you pack mule?!" Eramis suddenly yells, and if Spe-7 had her helmet off one could see a vein pop up on the equine hunter's forehead.

"I DARE YOU TO CALL ME A FUCKING PACK MULE AGAIN! I DARE YOU!!!" Spe-7 suddenly screams back, and her anger causes her arc energy to be channeled into her fists as she punches the Praxis lookalike so hard that it fries the Fallen to a crisp and the residual arc energy also proceeds to fry the Fallen that were unfortunate enough to be next to the doppelganger. Their troubles don't end there though as when the trio gets through the barrier they find that the area just before Eramis' ketch is flooded by radiolarian fluid- fluid that they quickly work to drain whilist fending off the Fallen. They are nearly battered and bludgeoned to death by exploding shanks, wire rifle shots and shock bullets but the equine guardians finally manage to get past and begin to reach Eramis' ketch.

"You might just think me a kell gone mad instead of somebody working towards absolution, I get it." Eramis says. "Can we just call it justice? For spilling the blood of the worthy and taking what is rightfully ours?"

"Yup... Definitely a screw lose in there..." Spe-7 says, barely audible enough for her fellow guardians to hear but not loud enough for Eramis to pick up.

"We have to stop her, this darkness is really going to her head." Gold mumbles.

"Says the one that is actively communing with the darkness despite being pawns of the once great machine!" Eramis snaps back. Finally the trio reaches the portal, and they see Eramis running back to a skiff.

"There she is!" Suzuka shouts.

"But you're too late!" Eramis says. "Looks like I'll have to eviscerate you at some other point. Have fun, and try to make it out alive so I can kill you personally!" And with that Eramis flees, and a strange whirring noise can be heard as Suzuka's eyes widen in horror.

"No... No she did not!" Suzuka shouts as light begins shining from the portal and the whirring noise becomes constant. "She turned on the portal! The madwoman!" And from that portal a small hydra emerges.

"It can't be that bad, can it? It's just a hydra!" Gold snickers, but she immediately cuts herself off as a titan Hydra almost three times the size of the first hydra also emerges. "WHOA! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!"

"It's coming up as Belmon... Transcendent mind!" Twinkle says. "We have to destroy them both, or this entire planet is going to be swarmed by Vex!"

"Eramis... What have you done?!" Variks asks in disbelief as the trio prepares their weapons. "Please! Destroy those Vex, for the sake of the entire system!"

"You didn't need to say that twice!" Suzuka says. "Let's go kill this thing!"