Chapter 10: Severing The Connections

With Praxis' fragment in hand, all three guardians were now able to activate their stasis abilities if so necessary.

"Now we won't have to worry about not being able to use our abilities whenever they're called for!" Spe-7 says as Suzuka examines the splinter she got from Praxis. It looks very worn down as if the technocrat had been pushing it to it's very limit- there are even tiny little cracks that are slowly going away as the splinter heals itself from so much wear and tear.

"Without Praxis to empower the house with stasis, Eramis HAS to come out and challenge us." Suzuka says. "She's going to grow desperate."

"You are correct, yees? She must for the sake of her people... They look up to her, they see her as their salvation... For her to stand by and not do anything they will grow wary." More insect-like chattering can be heard from Variks. "But she is reaching out."

"Eramis? Reaching out to who? There can't possibly be any other Fallen out here!" Spe-7 asks.

"Not on Europa, but her old house." Variks replies. "For you see, Eramis was once a member of House Devils, and she is trying to get them to join her house. They still roam around, but they no longer fly their banner, yeees? You must stop them before they join and bring even more to House Salvation..." Even more insect like chattering can be heard.

"Where do we go though?" Gold asks. "If we want to find these devils, they have to be somewhere."

"Wait... Remember when we first met Taiki?" Suzuka asks. "He mentioned that the Fallen around the area where we were found didn't fly a known banner. They could be around there, but I'm not too sure."

"The House of Devils was situated in what you humans called Old Russia." Variks says. "You will find the remnants there, yeees? Kill them dead, before they join Eramis." Yet even more insect-like chattering as the trio hop into their jumpships and set themselves for that location, intent on stopping the remaining Devils from joining. When they reach the Cosmodrome they begin looking for traces of the remaining Devils, but they come up short.

"I just realized... Where do we even begin our search? We don't have Taiki to help us out here..." Spe-7 mumbles.

"Let's try and retrace. I do remember going through that door so let's keep going back from there." Suzuka says as the trio begins walking through the door and heading backwards.

"This is where you were first found?" Gold asks.

"Yup." Spe-7 replies. "I can remember it like it was yesterday." Sure enough as the trio heads further back they begin to see remnants of the old House of Devils, with the banner and logo painted on various locations. "Looks like we're getting near."

"Wait! Over there!" Suzuzka calls out as the trio finds their way outside once more to see none other than a group of Fallen wearing remnants of red and white armor. "Those are Devils!"

"Then let's take them out!" Spe-7 says. "You know what Variks said! Let's take them out!" And with that the trio turns loose, going wild on the remaining Devils and killing them. As they cut down the Fallen there they find various pieces of data that tell of a plan that the House of Salvation is concocting.

"Vex gateway? Ancient machine mind? What in the world is Eramis planning?!" Suzuka asks as the trio finishes off the devils in the area. "There's probably more out here though... Let's make sure that their leader is gone at the very least." And with that the trio continue even further, going as far back as to the area where they were first resurrected. Sure enough there are multiple Devils roaming the area, scouring the place for what appear to be resources, and their captain can be seen off in the distance, barking orders in Eliksni tongue. "I think that's their leader over there... You wanna just ambush him right then and there?" Unfortunately the captain manages to take notice of the three guardians trying to snoop on him, and he immediately lets out a battle cry, rallying his soldiers and eyeing the trio with murder in his eyes.

"Too late! They spotted us!" Gold shouts as the Devils charge at the trio. Suddenly a well of blue light emerges, and the captain manages to knock all three of them into it by accident, causing them to freeze over. The light shines through and when the trio breaks free of the ice the captain looks in shock.

"Time to put these guys on ice!" Spe-7 shouts as the trio unleashes their energy and forms their super weapons. The Devils can only look in fear as Spe-7 charges forward, reaping countless Devil dregs and vandals while Suzuka freezes the majority of them over with flurries of stasis crystals. The captain attempts to run away but Gold halts him by stomping a prison of ice around him, and once the small fry are dealt with the captain finds himself surrounded by the three guardians.

"You really thought you could get away and join your friend Eramis, huh?" Suzuka snickers evilly. "I don't think so. Get him girls!" And with that the trio begins wailing away on the poor captain. When the trio manages to kill him they receive a distress signal from Variks and Elsie, one that has them rushing back to Europa as fast as they can.