fifty four.

———

———

Harry's POV:

Our On The Road Again tour starts in just less than a week. It's crazy to think that this is our fourth tour within just five years of being a band. We, the boys and I, are all extremely grateful for everything that we've got and all the amazing opportunities that have come our way. We're extremely grateful for all of our fans and everyone else who supports us and have supported us from the start of our careers. But sometimes it all feels like... a lot. Like we don't ever get to rest. It's always go, go, go. I'm honestly tired, the boys are too, yet we keep going because we don't want to let anyone down. I mean, a few months ago we did try talking about taking a break, but that discussion ended in us fighting and consequently not speaking for about a week.

   I guess we'll just stick together, the five of us, through it until we can make a decision without tearing each other's heads off.

   I've just finished showering after my workout when my phone rings from the kitchen counter. I put my water back in the fridge to go answer it. Walking over to where it is, checking first to see who's calling, something in my chest flutters at the realisation it's Hayley.

A smile on my face now, I answer. "Hey."

"Haz! Okay, I need you to come over because I just learnt something really cool and I really wanna show you. Are you busy?" Her voice alone reveals her excitement and I thank god I'm not doing anything right now.

"No, I just got back from a run, I'll be right over." I start going back up to my room, jogging up the stairs to go get dressed again.

"Yay! Alright, I'll see you soon then." she says, seeming to move around as I hear the background noise get louder. Then I hear voices followed by a scream and I wonder what that's all about as I press my phone to my ear with my shoulder and pull on my jeans. It's hard to get these on, especially with me being on the phone as well. Why do I insist on wearing skinny jeans again? My curiosity about the noise on her end of the line is answered in the midst of my thoughts. "By the way, Liam came over to watch the match with me, hence why you probably just heard a scream. And Emma is painting outside so there's that happening."

"Sounds like fun." I chuckle at her words. "I'll be there in ten minutes."

   After she hangs up the phone, I grab a white t-shirt and pull it on quickly over my head, the material covering the tattoos on my front as well as the two necklaces I never take off. One is my cross and of course the other is the chain with the single pearl on it that Hails gave me for Christmas.

   I get into my car, chewing a piece of gum I grabbed before, and start my drive. I'm glad my house isn't far from hers, but it still bugs me how I have to drive to see her on days where we don't spend the night with each other.

   I wish I could just see her all the time, as in, live with her. I'd love to live with Hayley. Being able to wake up next to her every single day would be like I'm dreaming even when I'm conscious. I'd never have to leave her side again. Except for when I have shows. That'd be dreadful going away without her.