twenty.

———

———

   Los Angeles. LA. The "City of Angels", as some like to call it.

   I was so excited to finally see the city that I hope to one day reside in. To be honest, the only thing keeping me in London right now is the job I just got and soon start. Yes my brother is there too and I love spending time with him almost everyday, but I think it would be a good idea for me to get a fresh start one day somewhere that I've never been.

"Bonjour. Puis-je s'il vous plaît prendre un café noir." Emma orders a black coffee at the airport cafe. I guess living with me all those months has influenced her to drink black instead.

"I only have half an hour left until I board." I look at Emma as we sit down at a table towards the back of the cafe.

   The nerves are now starting to set in, my anxiety slowly taking over. The flight from Paris to Los Angeles is probably the longest flight I ever plan to be on, the second longest being the eight hour flight from London to Barbados.

I stare at my coffee cup in front of me for a few moments, over thinking this whole flying thing and starting to regret agreeing to this, until Emma snaps me out of it by waving her hand in front of my face. I look up at her and she looks back at me with a smile but eyes filled with concern. "You're phone," she says and I realise it sits on the table with a name flashing across the screen.

I mumble a thanks to Emma before looking at the name, pausing when I see it's James. "Hello?" I ask hesitantly having not heard from anyone back home in months.

"Hayley. Great to hear from you so often." he says and I roll my eyes because I had my reasons for not speaking to them for so long.

"Shut the fuck up. I'm about to board a plane is this important or can it wait another thirteen hours?" I rush my words out as I look at my watch, causing my anxiety to raise even more at the fact that I will be soon stepping foot on the plane.

"Thirteen hours? I thought you didn't like flying. Where are you going?" Maria inquires and then I realise that everyone else is there too and I am in fact on speaker.

I think about my answer carefully. "I'm in Paris right now but I'm soon going to be in LA for a couple days." I inform them.

"Why?" James asks me and I don't know what I'm supposed to say.

"Uh," I think about it for a second. "I'm going to see One Direction?" I tell the truth but in an asking tone. I want to tell them so badly about everything and me being friends with the boys but I just don't know when the right time would be or what the fuck I'd even say to explain it.