Carla nearly spits her drink, "POISON?!" She exclaimed in both shock and surprise.

     "Kalim is the sole heir to the Asim Family of the Hot Sands, so it's not new that people won't hesitate to eliminate Kalim at all costs, you know?" Jamil stated.

     Kalim chuckled in a joking manner, "Jamil is always overstating. As if there are people who want to poison me in NRC," he playfully punches Jamil's stomach. "Oh— I remember that Jamil started to be like that ever since I was also poisoned around four years ago. I was in a coma for two weeks that time."

     "You're safe right now because we checked if there's poison or not in your food. I made sure to investigate if there's poison in any food you eat," Jamil explained.

     "Wait..." Grim piped in. "In other words, the real reason why you asked me to eat too much because you wanted to check poison?"

     Kalim chuckled, "You don't have to be so worried, Jamil! Anything that Jamil makes himself is safe! Jamil will never poison me."

     Grim trembled in fear, "These guys... They look nice, but they're the most dangerous people I've ever encountered with... Well, except (Name)..."

     "Oh, yeah, Grim! Have you tried the blue cheese made from sheep's milk?" Kalim questioned, pulling a cracker out of his pocket. "It'll be delicious if you pair it with a cracker!"

     "Hah? There's no way I'll eat something like that," Grim declined. He noticed that Kalim was making an airplane motion towards his mouth, "—Don't just put food into my mouth like that... No! HM?!"

     In the end, Kalim successfully placed the cracker in Grim's mouth, "I see, I see! It's delicious, isn't it? Have some more, ahahaha!"

     "DEJSJNRJIFLLSK?!" Grim tried resisting the cracker.

     "Keep the food and drinks coming! Make the music livelier~!" Kalim ordered, clapping his hands. "Today's a banquet!"

(Name) soothed Grim as she kept silent. Carla wanted to talk to the Heartfilia, but due to Kalim's nosiness, she couldn't reach out to her. That's when the one part of the dorm matched Carla's clairvoyance, which she didn't notice earlier. The lamps that light the dorm were the very same ones in her clairvoyance. They need to get out of there as soon as possible...

     "I... I can't... I can't eat another bite..." Grim groaned. "I feel like my tummy's gonna burst from how much I ate... That Kalim guy fed me a lot of crackers and blue cheese... 'Eating what's offered to me' is my policy, but this is too much, yanno..."

     "(Name)-chan, do you like more ice creams or snacks?!" Kalim stuffed a lot of food between her arms. "How about you Carla-san? Grim~? Or... Would you like some fruits instead? We also have pistachio and almonds, too! Would you like me to ask Jamil to get it?"

     "Wha—?! I'm so full that I couldn't take another bite, yanno?!" Grim exclaimed.

     "As Grim had said, I'm full as well," (Name) said, pushing the snacks away from her.

     "Really? I wanted you to eat because they're delicious," Kalim uttered. "Well, we'll be here in the dorm during the break, so come be our guest anytime! Right, Jamil?"

     "Yeah, anytime," Jamil nodded. He then after knelt in front of (Name), "Would you like me to treat your wound, (Name)-san? The swollen cheek, if you might ask."

     "Oh! That's not a big deal!"

     "Let me, it might even cause for some kind of disease sooner or later," Jamil declared. Pulling his first aid, he started to fix (Name)'s swollen cheek. He was observing how did (Name) survive his manipulating magic though.

     "I have a question, Jamil-san, why don't you guys go back to your respective hometowns?" She asked.

     "Oh? It's because... Remember that we have Magift and tests recently, right? Our dorm didn't place any of those." Kalim explained. Carla noticed a little smirk on Jamil's face, making her curiosity grew bigger, "That's why I proposed. I'll have the students undergo special lessons during winter break!"

     "Ya know, we didn't even play one real match during the Magift, so I'm a bit jealous," Grim stated.

     "Oh, yeah... I'm sorry for hearing that," Kalim apologized.

     "Uh... Jamil-senpai, what kind of special lessons you guys have?" (Name) asked as Jamil finished treating her bruise.

     "We're thinking of holding study sessions and magic practice every day exactly at 6 am during the break," Jamil replied.

     "6 AM EVERY DAY?!" Carla and Grim exclaimed.

     "Yes."

     "THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A VACATION AT ALL, YANNO?!" Grim started to rant at Jamil. "Holidays are for taking a break. You can just do your homework after you've rested enough... Well, that's what Leona said to us."

     "Ah, but..." Kalim hesitated. But, gave in immediately, "You do have a point, I guess... My Dad does say that 'Work with you've got and then play harder!' Do you know? Maybe a little carefree like Leona says is a good idea. Alright! I've decided, Jamil! Let's take a break like planned. We can send the students tomorrow."

     "Eh?!" Jamil shrieked.

     "I'll tell them about this decision at dinner later," Kalim added. "Also, tell everyone not to be absent by dinner!"

     "Ye-Yes, I'll do that..." The Viper nodded.

The Celestial Spirit Mage became very suspicious towards Jamil and Kalim. She had a theory that someone inside Scarabia had a hypnotizing or manipulating unique magic like Jade Leech and Ruggie Bucchi, but who? She knew very well that no one couldn't manipulate her using eye contact, yet a forced manipulation can control her body. Her Aunty Sherry, the one from Lamia Scale, was able to control her using eye contact...

     "Oh yeah! I'll tour you guys around Scarabia!" Kalim took the wrists of the girls and Grim. "I have something that I wanna show you!"

     "Kalim!" Jamil stopped the dorm leader. "The students aside, if you slack off, we won't be able to have a chance to correct our mistakes, you know?"

     "We have guests today!" Kalim exclaimed. "So, it should be just fine for today!"

     "Kalim..."

     "Fine, I get it... Don't be mad at me, okay? I'll go practice defensive magic, I guess~," Kalim nodded. "I'm full already, so I'm good to go! Hey, is anyone free to go spar with me?"

     "Yes, Dorm Leader!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

深海の商人