CHAPTER 6

ANTONELLA P.O.V.

The day after, Carlos went with me to London to take my things to their house. I took my computer, my clothes and, of course, my bi pride flag. Since I didn't know if they were supportive or not I hid it with my clothes.

After that, we went back to the mansion in Italy. There I saw Fabrizio sitting in the couch watching TV.

"We're back" Carlos said and just like magic, all of my brothers appeared in front of me, ready to greet me and give me a hug.

"Hi" I said. After all of them hugged me, I asked "Do I have more family besides you six?"

"Yes. You have two uncles, called Massimo and Dante; one aunt called Cateline; and three cousins: Raymond, Alec and Adrien" Emiliano said

"Please tell me that you are missing someone and I have one girl cousin" they looked at each other and I knew the answer "Bloody hell! Okay, I'd like to meet them. Can we organize like a family dinner or...?"

"Anything for you miele" (honey) Giancarlo said

"I'll call them and ask if they can come tomorrow. Is that all right?" Massimo said

"It's perfect"

The next day at dinner

Before the rest of my family arrived, Emiliano told me to wait in the kitchen so we can surprise them. Since it was a formal dinner, I was glad that we went to the mall the day before. They bought me many clothes, but for this dinner I wanted to wear something comfortable yet professional, so I was wearing a beautiful suit.

 They bought me many clothes, but for this dinner I wanted to wear something comfortable yet professional, so I was wearing a beautiful suit

"Do you remenber Antonella?" I heard Emiliano say

"Of course we do! Why wouldn't we? Besides, what does she have to do with dinner? Did you find her?" I heard a deep voice say. These voice sounded way older than Emi, so I assumed he was one of my uncles.

That was my queue to enter the dinning room. I opened the kitchen doors and said "Yes, they found me"

The other six people turned around and saw me. The younger ones were shocked, my aunt had her mouth open and her eyes full of tears, finally my uncles were smiling like crazy. I could tell they didn't smile a lot by the impressed faces my brothers had.

"You should close your mouth aunty. We don't want any flies in there, now do we?"

When I said that she stood up and hugged me for dear life. We talked for a while, a few minutes after we finished the food, I said "I'd like to share something with all of you". All of them stopped eating and had their full attention on me.

"I know I just met some of you but I'd like you to know who I really am if I'm staying with you. You might be thinking: 'what is she going to tell us?' Well that's what I'm trying to do, to tell you something that if you don't know is going to tear me apart. I also don't know how you'll react but what I do know is that I'm not going to change, this is who I am."

"It's okay miele, what do you want to tell us?" Adrien, my youngest cousin, said (honey)

"I gues what I'm trying to tell is that I'm bisexual. I like boys and I like girls" I was really nervous about how they would react

There was a moment of silence until Massimiliano, my oldest uncle, said "No, you are not"

"What do you mean I'm not?"

"What he's trying to say is that it's against God and you're going to hell" Dante, my other uncle said. When he said that my world fell down.

They're supposed to be my family, to accept me for who I really am. My sexuality shouldn't matter, they should love me just for being part of their family.

"Do all of you believe that?" I asked. Nobody answered so I took the silence as my answer, my family is homophobic.

"You know what? I think dinner is done, it was great knowing that I had a family. If you need something from me I'll be in my bedroom" I said.

Of course I didn't stay, I packed my bags and was ready to ran away through the window. As I was about to open it, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said after hiding the bags

"Hi принцесса, I'm sorry about the way my husband and his brother acted. It's just hard for them to accept it because they are old and they're not used to it. Besides, it shouldn't matter what they think because they are idiots" (princess) my aunt Cateline said reaching my bed

"What about my brothers?" I asked her. I might of known them for a day or two but their opinion was important to me.

"I'm sure that your older brothers believe the same things as your uncles. Your younger ones, or at least Giancarlo, will support you because, between us, I think he's gay. Your cousins will definitely love you no matter what, although it might take them some time to realize that you are still you. Nothing changed about you" I didn't know what to say, I just stood there with tears streaming down my face

"It's not important who you love, darling. As long as you are happy, I'm happy. I've missed so much of your life, I'm not gonna let a little thing in between us. If you ever need to talk to someone, I'm right here." She said

"Thank you auntie. I really needed that"

"Anytime принцесса" (princess)

"Can I ask you three questions?" I started starring at her eyes after cleaning my tears

"Of course!"

"Do you have any where for me to stay? Because I don't want to be here and if you accept, I'm sure I won't be comfortable there"

"Luckily for you, I own an apartment near by. And It would be my pleasure for you to stay with me"

"Thank you. The other question is, where exactly are we? I mean I know we are in Italy, but where?"

"That's easy. We're in Sardegna"

"Ok.  And lastly, in which language is the nickname you gave me?" She giggled and said

"It's Russian and it means princess. If you don't like it, I can change it"

"No! I love it" and with that, she laid in bed with me until I fell asleep.

That night, my mind was wondering where and how was my aunt's apartment.
____________________________________
1100 words