CH1 - Pinky Promise

Começar do início

"Chocolate eyes!" he heard her gasp, and her big blue eyes turned a shade brighter, if that was even possible, as she pointed at him with a toothy grin. "Sooo pweettyyy!" she held up her hands and held them on both sides of his face, her reaction too pure. Tooru turned beet red and tried to form a response but instead found himself being pulled by those ethereal pair of blue eyes again.

Hajime stared at his little angel and his best friend; an unfamiliar slight pain rose to his chest. He did not know how to describe it, but he knew Celeste took a keen interest in Tooru's brown eyes.

It was no surprise. His friend did have such remarkable, soft, and as Celeste described it, warm milk chocolate eyes. Even Hajime himself thought they were charming.

He took a step towards them and softly removed her hands from Tooru's face. "Ce-chi, meet Oikawa Tooru. He is one of my friends." He then turned to Tooru. "She is Yanai Celeste. MY best friend." he said with such heavy emphasis on 'My.'

"Ooh-kahwa... To..wu?" Celeste, who still could not pronounce an 'R' correctly, blinked at the boy, unsure if she said the name right. Tooru snapped back to reality as he heard his name pronounced softly by this fairy-like creature in front of him. "Oi-ka-wa Too-ru," he corrected.

"Too-too...wwuu" she pursed her lips. 'How cute,' he thought.

Celeste gasped as if she thought of something astonishing. "Too-chi!" she giggled. The two boys stood there baffled. Hajime, a little upset she used the 'chi' nickname on Tooru so soon, when in the first place, the reason why Celeste called him Ha-chi was because she struggled to pronounce the J in Ha-Ji-me and would always say it as Ha-chi-hmm. Tooru, on the other hand, was ecstatic to be given a nickname and out of his first name as well.

The little girl pointed at herself with a big smile on her angelic face. "I'm Ce-chi."

The brown-eyed boy shyly waved his hand at her. At that, Celeste pointed at her big white hairbow clipped atop her head. "Look! A pwetty wibbon."

"You look beautiful Ce-chi." Hajime commented with a light blush.

The three children talked more about the fun activities they had during the day until they heard a deep voice from the other side of the gate.

"Hajime, you're already here." The three children looked up at the culprit, whose voice interrupted their sweet time. "Papa!" Celeste waved at his father and pointed at her new friend with a big smile on her face "Too-chi! My fwiend!"

His father smiled. "I see you found a new friend. What is your name, young fellow?"

"Oikawa Tooru, Mr. Yanai." he shyly grins.

"Very nice to meet you. May I call you by your first name?" To which the boy nodded in approval. "Alright, come on in, you three little munchkins. The party will start soon."

Celeste walked in the middle of the two boys and grabbed their hands. "My biwthday! My biwthday!" she jumped excitedly and dragged them inside the house, both her hands still intertwined with the two boys' hands. They both blushed at this gesture and felt happiness blossom within their hearts.

Right there and then, the boys' had a silent agreement with each other.

Tooru will be her sun, and Hajime will be her moon. Even in the absence of the other, one of them will always shine a light on her path. She will never have to be alone.

They vow it.

~~~Summer of 2001

"Promise you'll come back?" little Tooru asked in between his sobs.

Celeste hummed and nodded her head meekly.

"Pinky promise then?" She looked at Hajime, whose pinky stretched out towards her, and Tooru followed suit as well. She then wiped her tears and extended both her pinkies to wrap them around the two boys' very own.

"Pinky promise!" she exclaimed with determination. "When I come back, we will do many, many, many more happy things again, okay?" she managed to say in between hiccups. The three hugged each other tightly in tears. Neither wanted to let go until Celeste's father crouched towards them.

"It's time to go, little angel. Say your bye-byes." He softly smiled at them and ruffled their hair one by one.

"Bye Too-chi, Bye Ha-chi." the poor girl muttered, but she didn't let go of them at all. Her dad sighed heavily and tried his best to untangle her from the children's very tight hug.

Hajime was the first to let go, and he had to pry Tooru's clutch on Celeste so her family wouldn't have to miss their flight to Australia.

He didn't want to let go at all; in fact, he wanted to bask in the warmth of her hugs and stay there forever. However much he wanted that, he felt he needed to be more mature since he was the oldest among the two.

"Remember your promise, okay?" he said, and the girl only cried harder.

"We will visit when we can, alright?" Her dad said as he carried Celeste on one arm while the other hand tousled the boys' hair again. Celeste tried to wriggle out of his father's grasp and stretched her arms towards the two boys, who in return tried to reach it, but Hajime's parents held onto both him and Tooru to stop any further delay on their best friend's departure.

"You will see them again soon, sweetie. Please calm down a bit." His father comforted. As consoling as that was, somehow, she didn't believe it. At least not the "soon" part as she would have experienced later.

----------

----------

Author's Note:

Heyyoooo heyyyyyyooo!!!

Cheers to the very first chapter of my very first fan-fiction!

So I've decided to do some back-to-past scenes about the trio's childhood as an introduction chapter. It's just for me to detail out how the three met and how they came to part. I hope this one clinched your interest!!

♡S

---------