It don't matter to me, we can dance slow cus...Whichever way the beat drops

(Ciara pov)
While I looked back watching Calvin and his friends leave, I heard a familiar song playing. while it plays, I began to remember the time I spotted Calvin for the first and second time.

*flashbacks*
I was just lost in dancing with my crew in the neighborhood and it was bumpin until I got sense of someone touching me so I turned around and glanced at the two people who came by.

"Hey, Ciara. I'm Tracy Reynolds, you know played for the Knights.

"Yeah, yeah I've heard. I think it's cool that you took a step back from the NBA to do other things for a while."

"Thanks, I appreciate your honesty. This is my son, ca—"

"Calvin Cambridge, hmm..it's nice to meet you, I'm Ciara."

"Ciara, huh? What a beautiful name."

"Ahh thanks."

"Yeah, it definitely suits you pretty good. I see you like dancing."

"Hahaha, yeah I ju-"

"Oh shoot! Hold on, I gotta take the call, it'll be a second." He assured when he walks away talking on the phone. While he left, Calvin and I took advantage of the quiet silence and started talking.

We chatted for alittle, getting to know each other better, until his dad Tracy came back. His dad explained he and Calvin had to get going because of some event they're doing somewhere.

"Well, we gotta split, hopefully we'll probably see you again." Tracy said as we bid our byes and I walked back to my crew.

————
My girlfriends and I were coming from the cafeteria and I saw the guys playing street-ball.

"Dang, they're good."

"Yeah, I know and they are fiiiiinnnneeeee!!!! Especially that Calvin guy, right Ciara?"

"Hhmm...huh? Oh yeah! Y-yeah, they're nice."

"Nice?!? Girl, ain't no one said that! But they do got nice faces!"

"Girl, whatcha do-"

"Hi, Calvin."

"Hey, Whatsup!" He replied, nodding his head with a smirk as he runs to get the ball from the other team.

"Ooooo....I think he likes you!"

"Nah uh, he does not. Besides, he was looking at you too."

"Girl please, there's a difference between glancing at you and the look. So that my friend was a glance. He liikesss you."

"Please, the only re-, wait really?!"

"Mmhmm, sure."

"Don't believe me, just saw and observe. Hey, Ca-"

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry about her, Please pay her no mind, she can be a you know...."

"Hey!!"

"Nah, it's cool, Ciara."

"Calvin, Are you too busy to hang out with us, or in case my homegirl Ciara? See, sh-"

"Hey, quit it! Must you have to bother people or something?"

"Uh yeah, and why you trippin', You know you love me, Ci. So, Cal, do you have plans cause if not, maybe you and my girl Ciara could hang with me and my boo." My friend lied.

"Oooo..see I would if I could but I can't, sorry." He replies

"He gotta be somewhere later."

"Really, where?"

"Yeah but more importantly, with who? Because I know someone's available."

"Who? Please don't tell me! See my man, Calvin's into girls who are thick thin and you're already past thick!"

"Dude, you know you're wrong for that one!"

"Whatever, you know it's true!"

"Alright, just chill. Well, you see...Saturday noon at the mall, my friends and I were getting some sneakers at the store when so many girls came over."

"Dang, that must've been troublesome."

"I mean yeah it can be but come on! What guy wouldn't wanna be pampered by a bunch of really fine honeys plus he's famous. So, why not make a moment of it? I mean, it happens every time."

"Uh-huh, but I kinda thought of a brilliant idea along the way as it was happening. So anyway, I look and see them looking back at me, and they say what up? Being the chill and collected guy that I am, I said hey back and made some conversation before excusing myself to the bathroom. While we're in the b-"

"W—Whoa! Nah uh, Please don't tell us y'all business in there! I mean, why on earth would y'all go at the same time, together?... you guys should know how real fast rumors are when those people do that?"

"Uh yeah, Of course, I do. Why do you think your friend Cici don't be hanging out with that girl who talks around you in all?"

"Daannnngg, Calvin! You don't gotta be so cold, man!"

"Oh, Ignore her, she knows it's true. So, please continue on with the story."

"Okay then. So while we were plotting in the restroom, we all were putting on some disguises to leave the place without being seen.
We got to the store called, Tiffany's, and while we're there, I bought a gift for my momma."

"Awww, tha-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! That's so sweet, yeah we know! Anyway, he was talking to this girl named Britney and while their conversation was going on, he was like 'baby l—let's hang do sumthin!"

"I was not!" Calvin said.

"Sure...she said yes and then he was 'What about the digits can I get that?' She wrote them down on his arm and left."

"Hmmm."

"So, I thanked her and we left, saying have a nice day."

"Dude forget all that nice things stuff! My man went bow wow on her with that "ma holla back"! Like dang, that should've been me, like what he got I don't!" His friend says.

"A girl and jobs!" His other friend commented.

"Jobs?!? Whatcha mean, he had one remember? He used to play b-ball on the Knights with that dude Tracey Reynolds!" He claimed.

"Well...duh!" The other replied.

"Oh shoot, we gotta go! The teacher isn't supposed to know I'm not in detention."

"Dang! We gotta go then. Maybe next time, we see each other again and probably hang out later than ever!"

"Yeah, for sure, see ya."

"By-, oh wait, here's my number. Bye boys, See ya in class, Calvin!"
*end of flashbacks*

Man, I wonder why he was such in a hurry to leave...hmm, I'm sure there's possibly a really good reasonable reason for why they rushed out of here. Hopefully, when he sees me, he'll give me one.