Omkara knitted his eyebrows when Karan patiently explained, "I understand you messed up big time and you are worth all the taunting and accusations Dandi throws at you. But in spite of all that, Gauri still is by your side wanting to help you. Why?"

"Because she has always been that kind-hearted person."

"Oh come on. Don't you get it? She still thinks it is her responsibility to help her husband."

"Husband!!"

"You don't agree?"

Omkara shook his head in a no.

"She has had enough of me not giving any commitment... I guess."

"You could have made things better, had you given out her name today. You screwed up again," Karan stated.

"We are not in a stable relationship Karan. No matter what, the fear of being in a life-long relation is still there somewhere inside me. I am afraid if I will do wrong by tying her to me but I wanted to show her importance too. So, I said a name which she alone would understand what it meant. I am not a public person and I don't want to drag Gauri into my deceptive world. That was the only intention. A public announcement is not what we are ready for."

"God...you have made it so complicated. Since you are on the verge of a depressive attack, your brain isn't functioning. So, I want to tell you directly, that your wife loves you. That is the only reason why a woman of self-respect can still stay with a man who insulted her."

"That isn't love Karan.... It is pity and I..."

"Don't you remember the example of your own mother Omkara?" Karan asked trying to make him see the similarity.

"Despite what your father did, she still stuck to him right? Don't you know that love is destructive? Gauri is on the same ship but being a wiser girl, she is trying to protect her heart from breaking further. She doesn't want to stay because she fears you might hurt her again. Once she is assured that you won't, I am sure she will stay."

"Thanks for the very optimistic words," Omkara said with a small smile and Karan made a face.

"Kaisa manhoos admi hai yaar tu. I know I am right but let us just think that I am wrong. She said she will stay with you until you get better. So, take that time as a good chance to make her fall for you. Since she always had a soft corner for you, I don't think it would be much of a problem. You have a bumper chance with you with your upcoming week trip," he said enthusiastically.

"Yeah right, she would forget all that I did to her and fall for me on a week trip."

"Hopeless ho yaar tum. Life is all about hope and without it, a person is close to being dead. So, kindly have some positivity. Learn from Gauri. After what all she endured, she still fights back to raise on her feet. Not only for your paintings, but you should also take her inspiration in your real life."

Omkara silently sank in his words before nodding his head. No doubt that the girl always had been a fighter. He loved that side of her.

"I never thought I would ever say this but...thanks."

"Don't mention, but since we are on good terms now, can I take her out for dinner?" he asked with a grin which soon disappeared with the raise of a scowl on the latter's face.

"How ungrateful of you," Karan exclaimed and started his drama.

Omkara walked past him trying to hold back a smile while the later followed him downstairs trying to explain.

****************************************************************************

"What is wrong with him Rudy. Where did he disappear to?" Shivaay asked his little brother again.