Interruption (Chapter 15)

Dunn:

My eyes fly open when I hear a noise.

"Rachel?"

"Sorry!" blue fabric and black hair swish as Rachel rushes to close the door.

Goddess, this is embarrassing. Mortification rises in my throat. I feel my face heat and I want to duck behind my desk. Instead, I throw down my robes to cover myself and stand.

The door clicks shut and I make my way to it. Not sure what I am doing, I open the door.

Rachel is leaning against the wall, her hands covering her face, her shoulders shaking. Goddess, is she crying? "Rachel?"

I grab hold of her small wrists and gently tug her hands away from her face.

A streak of red crosses the dark skin on her round cheeks, but no tear lines are trailing down. No, instead she is laughing, uncontrollably laughing.

Goddess, there is nothing like your crush catching you and then laughing.

I open my mouth but there is nothing to say so I shut it again.

"Sorry, Master Priest" she gets out through fits of giggles "I just... I just needed to talk to you briefly"

I swallow, "Well... uh... then come in" I gesture towards my open office door.

"Thanks" she has calmed down some, but I can still see her shoulders occasionally shake as we enter my office. She takes a seat in front of my desk, while I take the seat behind the desk where I sat only a few moments ago...

"I'm really sorry" she begins; her face still looks like she is trying to hold back her laughter.

"Don't worry" I dismiss it, really not wanting to talk any more about it "what did you want to discuss with me?"

"Well, it seems silly now..." I just watch her as she pauses before she sits up straighter in her seat "but I've already spoken to one potential- well I guess the word is victim. She is thinking about it"

I nod. I'm not sure what to say. It's better than I have done in my search with no priestesses agreeing to talk to me, but it still isn't much. After a minute I realize that I haven't said anything and Rachel is waiting expectantly, "that is great news, Rachel. Sorry my mind went elsewhere and I was thinking about Maya"

Rachel's smile falls and I can't blame her, the topic of Maya is somber as she testifies. It must be around the second hour of the committee questioning her.

The Senators will be taking her somewhere, goddess knows where, after the testimony. I should have insisted Alex tell me more about their plan for her so that I know she is safe. She is risking a lot and I have allowed myself to become distracted.

I take a deep breath, the less I know the better. It's impossible to say if the High Priest will figure out my involvement in the conspiracy, but Maya was my personal priestess.

"Okay, well... that was it. I'll leave you to it" Rachel cringes as she says the last part and hurries to stand.

I stand too, upset that she is leaving so quickly, but also eager to have this interaction over with. I walk her to my office door.

Just as she reaches it she turns around and looks shyly down at the floor, "you know, I wasn't laughing at it, just...just the situation"

The mortification rises up in my throat all over again. I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to look Rachel in the eye again.

"Of course" I reply with a false tone of confidence.

"It's just..." she stands a little closer, so closer I can almost feel her, my hands itch to touch her. I don't know how she can capture me under her spell. She raises her eyes to mine "I wouldn't mind watching sometime... like how you watch me"

My mind goes blank. I don't understand how this can be real. It isn't real. I've misunderstood-

Soft lips touch mine and my eyes close without permission. When they disappear I open my eyes to see Rachel looking up at me questioning.

I no longer think. I lean down and capture her soft sweet lips. She leans into me and I wrap my arms around her in return, pressing her soft curves into my own body. She is smaller than me, petite.

I hear the door slam shut and my blood rushes at the knowledge that she has decided to stay in here with me. I push her backward so I sandwich her between my body and the door. She begins to fiddle with the buttons down the front of my robe.

I pick her up off the ground and she wraps her legs around me. The feel of her is unbelievable, being with her is unbelievable. And she chooses this, it's not some forced act, she chooses to be with me.

I walk back from the door and over to the chair in front of the desk and sit down with her still in my lap, kissing. At this point, she starts grinding and though I want to take it slow I feel an almost desperation to just feel her, flesh on flesh. After all of this time wanting her, I finally have her here.

She is continuing her work of unbuttoning my robes as I reach around to unclasp her silver waist belt, which I throw down on the floor. I start to push her robes up, signaling that I want her to take them off, but she is too focused on hastily undoing the tiny buttons on my robes to notice. So, I help her and undo the last button and begin to shrug out of the robe.

There is a knock at the door. We freeze.

There is another knock.

"Goddess" I curse as I gently push Rachel off of my lap.

I pull my robe back over my shoulders.

Another knock.

I hear rustling behind me as I assume Rachel makes herself presentable. I don't bother to button up my robe but hold it together with my hands.

I throw open the door to see one of the minor priests waiting outside.

"Is Rachel in there?"

*****

In Fledgling Whispers is COMPLETE on my Patreon. You can read it today for only 3 Euros a month (+VAT, multiple currencies available). Check out the link for more info: https://www.patreon.com/heatherjacobs

Happy reading!

Heather