39

Tom's POV

I watched (y/n) grab her bags and get in line. She didn't turn around so I headed to the airport pickup where Harry was waiting for me. I got in the car and instantly rested my head on the seat and closed my eyes.

"How'd last night go?" He asked as he started to pull out back onto the street.

I rolled my head to the side to look at him. "I think I'm in trouble."

He laughed and patted my shoulder. "Anyone could've told you that. Been smitten with her since you came home."

"Was I that obvious?"

He gave me a quick glance. "A blind person could see it. Always around her, sleeping on the floor where she was, taking care of her. Add a little more PDA into the mix and it would be like you two never broke up."

I made a disgusted look and put my head back against the seat. I tried to catch up on some sleep on the way home as Harry drove. Didn't help that different scenarios of what I should've done while she was here kept playing through my head.

When Harry pulled up to the driveway, I jumped out the car and headed to my room. The bed was still a mess from the disruptive leave we had to take. I climbed back in hoping I had a better chance of falling asleep since I was more comfortable.

The next day, Haz, Harry, Sam, and I were heading out to go out to eat when (y/n) called. I told her to call tomorrow which also ended up us talking for the next couple of days on the phone.

"Hey lover boy." Haz called out from my couch.

"What?"

"You off the phone yet?"

"Yeah she had to go." I joined Haz back on the couch after ending the phone call with (y/n).

He laughed and shook his head.

"What?"

"I don't understand why you never told her you still have feelings for her while she was here."

"She just broke up with Fred."

Haz looked at me as if I was crazy. "So? That relationship was awful. She would much rather be with you than that div."

"What do you want me to do? Fly out to California just to see her and tell how I feel?"

"It's called a romantic gesture. Watch any romance movie."

"No. I'm going to play it slow. See what happens."

Haz rolled his eyes. "You're so dumb."

"It's almost like I'm stalking her if I do that. Keep showing up unexpectedly."

"Unless you show up saying you're there for Andi. You were both their friends first."

I laughed and continued watching the show in front of us. I shook my head no but all that played through my head was yes.

In one fast motion, I jumped off the couch and started packing my bag. Haz jumped up after me helping me pack, giving me a game plan of what I should do. He dropped me off at the airport where I ran inside to buy a ticket.

At the check point to see if I had a ticket to continue, the same lady was there from the other night. She looked me up and down and smirked. "No freebies today."

"Don't need one." I held up my ticket for her to see.

She grabbed it and looked it over. "California?"

"Have to go chase her down."

She smiled at me and handed me back my ticket. "Better hurry."