15

Your POV

He moved his hands from your face and down to your waist. Breaking out from being utterly shocked, you wrapped your arms around his neck, playing with the ends of his hair. This has been the moment you've been waiting for. You felt it all. The sparks flying, the feeling to kick up one leg, the butterflies going crazy in your stomach.

He broke the kiss and leaned his forehead on yours. "You don't get to say that."

"What?"

"You can't tell me you have feelings for me when I'm across the country. It's not fair."

The realization hit you and you stepped back. "Tom wait, what are you doing here? You're filming a movie. You're here, not there. You could get fired."

He smiled and pulled you back to him, giving you a quick kiss. "They agreed to give me a few days off. I was too distracted so I convinced them if I had a few days to clear my mind, I would be back to normal when I got back."

"What about Olivia?"

"There's nothing going on between us. I don't know what all she told you, but we're not dating. And trust me, you are not a stressor in my life." He pushed your hair behind your ears. "You're the furthest thing from that. You are what I need. Please don't stop talking to me because I need you." He emphasized the last three words.

You looked into his eyes. His was searching yours, trying to figure out what you were thinking. "You flew across the country for me?" You were whispering.

"(Y/n) I'd do anything for you."

On the inside, everything was doing flips, jumping for joy, squealing with happiness. You were about to kiss him when a disgruntled Andi walked out.

"I see you made it."  She crossed her arms and leaned against the wall.

"Thanks for the address. Wasn't sure if you would actually give it to me or not." Tom let out a nervous chuckle.

"It seemed odd that you would start dating Olivia without mentioning anything to (y/n). Just felt off. But now that you two are finally together and all that lovely jazz, I have to leave in three hours to go to my new job. So please keep it down. You'll have the apartment all to yourselves soon enough when I'm gone."

You snickered at Andi. "Yes ma'am." She spun around on her heel and went back into her room.

Deciding to be a nice roommate, you and Tom went to your room. You two were trying to be as quiet as possible, holding back any laughter that dared to leave your lips as you talked. Felt like there was always something to say even if it felt like you two knew each other better than anyone else. Around seven, Tom was fighting to keep his eyes awake. You both were tangled up in each other, your head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. When his breathing was steady and slow, you knew he fell asleep.

Not wanting to miss saying goodbye to your best friend, you got back up at eight. Quietly, you got out of bed careful enough to not wake up Tom. When he started to move, you completely froze. You gave him a pillow to replace where your body was, hoping he wouldn't notice the temperature difference.

You walked to Andi's room and leaned against the door frame. "Don't forget me when you become famous."

Andi turned around and came up to hug you. "I could never. Don't stop writing either. You can still submit pieces to your boss or other magazines. You're a fact checker now, but you won't always be. I can promise you that."

"Man, you're talking like I'm not going to see you for a year."

"It's only for a few months."

"Why do all the people I know have to be actors?"