Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Eɪɢʜᴛ

Start from the beginning

"Suzie goes to science camp. She's a genius," Dustin confirmed.

"Is she cute?" Mike asked.

"Think Phoebe Cates but hotter."

Genie's eyes widened even more.

"Dude no way." She said.

"What's going on?" Max asked, following them out of the house.

"Going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend," Will explained.

"Girlfriend?" Both Max and Lucas said simultaneously.

Genie nodded, "That's what I said!"

When Dustin insisted they go up the tallest hill in Hawkins she didn't expect it to be so tiring. Apparently it was.

Genie dragged her feet in the grass, one arm stretched out in front of her, hand clutching Will's.

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas groaned.

"I wish," Genie muttered under her breath before realizing the boy was referring to actual height.

"Cerebro works best at 100 meters," Dustin said and continued his trek up the hill.

"Y'know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones," Max said, scowling at the suitcase she was dragging up hill.

"Yeah but Suzie's Mormon," Dustin replied.

"Oh shit, she doesn't have electricity?"

"That's Amish." Max rolled her eyes at her boy friend.

"What are Mormons?" Asked Will.

"Super religious white people," Dustin explained, "They have electricity and cars and stuff but since I'm not Mormon her parents would never approve.  It's all a bit Shakespearean."

"Shakespearean?" Max said.

"Yeah, like Romeo and Juliet."

"Right..."

(slight tw)

"You know they both brutally kill themselves at the end right?" Genie asked, dragging herself further up the hill.

"Yeah but y'know, star-crossed lovers-"

"We got it." Max interrupted.

"Hey, guys," Mike spoke up from the back of the group, "This is fun and all but uh..."

"I have to go home," El finished for him.

"We're almost there!" Dustin pouted, jabbing his finger towards the top of the hill.

"Sorry man, El has a curfew," Mike shrugged and started down the hill with El.

"Curfew at four?  They're lying," Dustin accused.

"Yeah no shit, they just wanna go suck face," Genie faked a disgusted gag.

"It's been like this all summer," Will said, "He and El always go home together."

"It's romantic!" Max argued.

"It's gross," Will corrected.

"It's bullshit," Dustin finished, "I just got home.  Well, their loss, right?  Onwards and upwards, Susie awaits!"

The group continued trudging up the hill, groaning in frustration.

Genie noticed her boyfriend hesitate and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"You okay, Will?"

He flinched.

"Yeah, yeah.  I'm fine."

Genie narrowed her eyebrows, "What did I say about keeping things from me?"

"Don't?"

"Exactly."

Will sighed and touched his fingers gingerly to he back of his neck, "Just got chills, that's all."

Genie eyed him suspiciously and grabbed his hand, "Alright, let's go or Dustin's gonna kill us."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Shorter chapter, sorry :/

It's been getting really hard and kinda boring to write these chapters so I'm gonna be in ha lot more of Genie's thoughts and perspectives than the actual show dialogue because it's so boring to copy :/

(Update: HOLY FUCK WE'RE ALMOST AT 1K VIEWS THANK YOU)

See you in part three <3