Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘
╔═══════════════╗
𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕
╚═══════════════╝

Genie leaned her head against the back of the seat, willing herself to stay awake. Her brain logically thought that since it was dark out she had to sleep.

"Nothing," Mike muttered hopelessly, "There's nothing here."

"Are we close?" Joyce asked.  Bob who held the map in his hands pursed his lips.

"We're in the vicinity." He said, "I told you it was just an estimate."

"But we did all that work-"

"Turn right!" Will cut off his mother suddenly, shooting up from his bored, slouched position.

"What?" Joyce's looked at her son, incredulous.

"I saw him!"

"Where?!"

"Not here, in my now memories!" Will explained urgently.

"In your what?" Bob asked, confused.

"No questions!" Genie exclaimed as Will shouted, "Turn right!"

Joyce yanked the wheel to the right, the vehicle swerving off the road and stopping directly behind Hopper's police van. Genie let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. They found him.

"Why is Jim here?" Bob was glancing around the car in search of an answer.

"That was a question, Bob." Genie said quietly.

"I want you kids to stay here." Joyce instructed.

"No! Mom-wait-Mom-it's dangerous!" Will protested.

"That's exactly why I need you to stay." She said, getting out of the car, Bob following suit.

"Do you see anything in your now memories?" Mike asked as the three kids got out of the car to go stand by the massive crater in the ground.

Will shook his head.

They stood there with concern printed on their faces. The kids had dealt with the Upside Down before, some more than others, and they knew it was beyond dangerous.

A rumbling sound behind them made the three jump and turn. Hawkins Lab vans were pulling in from all over, exiting their vehicles and walking towards the hole. Genie instinctively grasped Will's hand but he soon collapsed to the ground in a chorus of whimpers.

"Will? Will, are you okay?" Genie asked, kneeling down beside him. Her hand was still intertwined with his suddenly cold and clammy one.

Will didn't give an answer. He fell into his back and let out a long scream of pain. He was frozen. His eyes rolled back in his head and his mouth fell open in shock.

"Will!" Genie cried, unsure of what to do. Tears prickled at the corners of her eyes but she refused to cry, not in front of all these people.

"Will!" Mike too knelt down beside his friend, worried.

Genie took a deep breath and closed her eyes. It was hard to focus with all the surrounding noise but she still tried. She broke through, into Will's mind and gasped in pain. There was fire, so much fire. It felt as if her skin was being burned with blue flames of heat.