Chapter 61 // Doc

Start from the beginning

"That's what we tried last time and look what happened," I mumbled, resting my head back onto his chest again. I didn't mean to be a pain. I just didn't want to lose him again now that I finally had him back, literally in my arms, once again.

"I'll think of a plan. I promise. I'm not going to let us lose touch. I love you too much for that to happen," Calum assured me, kissing my forehead again. "Now get off of me so I can fall asleep you potato sack."

•*•*•

Waiting to get out of that scratchy hospital gown felt like the longest hour of my life. I have never really been a fan of the doctor's, mainly because I have an irrational fear that if I go in there for a sore throat they will tell me I have a terminal illness and only have two more days to live. But mainly, I just hated that overly clean smell of antiseptic and bleach and the cheap lollipops that I always said yes to.

This wasn't just a normal doctor's office though. They specialized in pregnancy and vaginas and all of the nasty things I couldn't believe people had to do for their job. But this doctor had just taken some tests, lectured me for being irresponsible, put me back onto the pill, and then of course asked me for a picture. She was so nice that I couldn't possibly decline.

As I finished getting changed back into my clothes and I left the hospital gown on the covered examination table, I made a beeline for the exit. I strolled through the waiting room with a smile on my face, feeling somewhat less nervous now that the appointment was over. The doctor also explained to me that the morning after pill is usually effective, so my chances of actually being pregnant was very slim.

"Cassidy?" Someone called, making me freeze in my tracks. I had been spotted.

I sucked in a deep breath, casually swiveling my head around to figure out who the voice belonged to. I spotted a familiar fluff of blonde hair and sighed in relief, feeling the nervous perspiration that had been prepared to launch quickly diminish. "Luke? What are you doing here?"

He stood up, stuffing his hands into the denim jacket that I believe he had stolen from Michael. "I had to pick up something for my mum, I don't know. Why are you here? Is everything okay?"

I smiled at his concern with my health. Thankfully, it was times like these when my workshops for improv training came in handy. "Yes Luke. Everything is fine. I figured since I was home I should probably get a check-up."

Luke's cheeks were faintly tinted with a shade of red. He leaned in closer to me and lowered his voice so the small crowd of distracted people couldn't here. "Like a check-up, like, down there?"

I clamped my hand over my mouth to smother any giggles from escaping. "No, Luke. They do other things here besides just pap smears and that sort of stuff."

He instantly cringed, backing away from me. A disgusted groan left his pink lips and he shook his head back and forth. "Ew. Stop. I don't want to hear any of this."

I chuckled, placing my hand on his shoulder to provide some sort of comfort. I opened my mouth to speak again, but was interrupted by a nurse, clad in her mint green scrubs, approaching me.

"Miss Gold? This is an extra morning after pill just in case anything happens again. It's always good to be prepared," She said politely and sweetly, handing me a purple plastic bag that crinkled loudly in my palm as the pill box rattled slightly with the shift of movements.

I nodded, smiling back at her. "Thank you," I mumbled as she sauntered off, letting my attention return back to Luke.

His jaw was hanging open.

"Check up? This wasn't a check up!" Luke whisper-yelled, his nostrils flaring as he grew angry or upset or concerned or whatever emotion he was currently attempting to show. "Cassidy! Are you pregnant?"