Chapter #16 -part 2

We spent a few more minutes laughing before leaving. We had decided to be a bit fashionably late so we waited for about 30 minutes before going to the party. Once we entered nobody seemed to notice, not until I walked in with Pansy next to me. At first I figured that it was because Pansy looked absolutely stunning but soon realized that they were staring at me, the death eater, who had just turned up at the Saviors house.

I tried to ignore the stares but they were starting to get overwhelming. Pansy had grabbed my hand in an attempt to help me, and it had helped a lot. We soon found our way to where Weasley and Granger were.

Weasley stood up and smiled at me, "Draco, mate! How are you?"

I smiled and nodded, "I am doing good. How are you?"

He smiled back, "I'm great. Here let me introduce you."

I could tell he already had a drink or two in him and was a bit on the tipsy side. It made it a bit less awkward when he "introduced" me to all the other Gryffindors.

"This is Neville, you remember him right, you stole his remembery ball thing in first year and made fun of him all the time."

I nodded and gave Neville an awkward smile, "Yeah sorry about that Longbottom. You are a professor now right? I bet you are great with all the kids and everyone."

He nodded and gave a weak smile.

"This is Seamus and Dean." He said.

I nodded and said my sorrys again.

"This is Ginny, my sister."

I nodded again, "Sorry for all the remarks about you being a Weasley and all."

She nodded and put an arm around Luna.

"Oh and that is Luna. Ginny's girlfriend."

I smiled at Luna. She was very sweet and I had actually run into her a few times during school. Everyone thought she was so crazy, not that she wasn't, but she was so sweet too, "Good to see you again Luna. Hope you have been well."

"Yes I have. Thank you Draco. Have you been well too?"

I nodded, "I've been good thank you."

Weasley butted in though, "Draco's been really sick."

I placed a hand over his mouth and helped him to his seat.

I sat down in one of the chairs but soon realized there wasn't a place for Pansy so I stood up and let her sit down.

"Draco, you need the seat more than me." She said.

I shook my head, "You are the one wearing those awfully painful heels. Sit down. If I feel faint I'll sit down okay?"

She thought for a bit before sitting down. I smiled and stood next to the chair.

Everyone was looking at me again. I put my hands uncomfortable into my pants.

Soon Granger walked over. I could tell she wasn't drinking, "Oh Draco, you're here!"

I smiled and nodded.

"I'll go tell Harry then. I'll be right back."

I nodded again and she left.

"What do you do again Malfoy?" Ginny asked me.

"I work in the mailroom at the Ministry. I sort through Potter's mail."

"So you know all his plans and everything?" Ginny asked.

I shrugged, "I leave the stalking to the stalkers."

"How many stalkers does he have?" Luna asked me and Ginny gave her a small glare.