Chapter II: The letter

"Do you think that is the one?" the Princess appeared in a dark red ball gown.

"I like it, but there are better options..." Oracle said.

"I need something that shows me as more than a useless, delicate Princess... Something that indicates that I am capable of ruling and that I won't give up on the first struggle..." she was describing while looking at her closet.

"Blue looks good on you..." the attendant commented.

"Yeah, I think so, too..."

"But what about emerald green?" Evelyn's face lightened up.

"Good idea!"

Someone knocked on the door interrupting them.

"I am sorry... Princess, is the letter ready?" a male voice asked behind the wooden door.

"Of course. Here you are!" she handed the letter over.

"With all respect... What did you write him?" Oracle wondered.

"The truth...That I don't wanna get to know him better. I don't even care about him. I just need his concordance at the Founding Anniversary, so that we announce together that we won't get married."

" Did you include that part about caring, as well?" Oracle smirked.

"Are you out of your mind?" she smiled at her. "Of course I didn't."

"I have to get to the throne room..." Evelyn said.

"Okay, I will clean up here..."

"Thank you, Oracle!"

The thrones in the Throne Room were empty, while Sir Castiel and his son, Philip were waiting for them.

"Oh...Looks like I'm early..." the Princess said.

"Your Royal Highness!" Sir Castiel said and the young knight repeated.

They were waiting in the same room for almost twenty minutes.

"Maybe something occurred...I will go to check on them." the Princess said.

"No, Princess, it's okay. I'll go..." Sir Castiel went out of the room.

Evelyn gave the knight a look.

"Don't look at me like that... You asked me to be honest!" Philip melted with the look on her face.

"I did not expect you to..." Evelyn pretended successfully that she didn't care.

"Okay, you're right. I should not have said that to you. Whatever I believe, you are still my superior." his forest green eyes were so dreamy with the sunlight flashing on them.

"Do not forget that..." the Princess finally managed to say hiding her admiration behind a cold glance. "...Not ever, again."

"Something urgent came up and the housemaids forgot to inform us" Sir Castiel burst into the room.

"Are they okay? What happened?" Evelyn asked surprised.
"No need to worry, Princess. Your parents are fine," he answered.

"Now, you will have to excuse us, but the army needs a leader..." Sir Castiel said and went out of the room along with his son.

Outside Ivy's Castle Bill, the boy in the stables waited:
"Father, I will come in some minutes." Philip said.

"Okay, but don't be late! Good morning, Bill!"

"Good morning, Sir!"

"How did you know, I was here?" Philip was curious.

"I passed by your house and your mother let me know." Bill answered.