"Fair enough. My favorite color?" 

I rolled my eyes. "Black and navy blue." 

"My favorite number?" 

"Eleven." 

"My favorite... candle scent?" 

I let out a short laugh. "Lavender," I sang. 

"Or?" 

"Good old vanilla." 

He sighed, "Okay. My favorite food?" 

"A meal or a snack?" 

He shrugged. 

I rolled my eyes and fell into thought. "I will just say a cuisine to be safe. Mexican." 

"Fair enough," he nodded. "Why is my favorite number eleven?" 

This may be a trick question. "I don't think you've ever told me this." 

"Maybe, but you have to answer." 

"Because it's your birthday?" I guessed. 

"Ha, wrong." 

"Then what is it?" 

"Because it's your birthday." 

My birthday is 11th July. His is 11th April.

I stared at him while he kept his eyes on the road. "Next question, what was the name of my first dog?" 

Can he give me a freaking second to process his answer? 

"Bruno and Oreo. You got them together." 

He glanced at me. "You really do remember everything." 

Of course, I do. I was in love with you. 

"I told you I did. My turn," I said as he parked the car and shut it off. 

We got out and entered the restaurant, getting a table for two by the window. After we placed our orders, he turned to me. "Go ahead. Ask away." 

"My favorite color?" 

"Red." 

"My favorite animal, pets aside." 

"Cheetah." 

How the hell does he remember that? 

"And pandas." 

I pulled my lips into a thin line as he smirked. I shrugged off my blazer, draping it across the chair. "My favorite fast food?" 

"Taco Bell," he said, leaning back in his chair. 

I put my arms on the table, leaning forward. "Favorite book?" 

He opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out. "You've read so many," he sighed. 

"So? Take a guess," I shrugged. 

He fell into thought, staring at the table. When he looked up, his eyes fell on my arm. 

I followed his gaze and realized he was staring at the red butterfly on my inner elbow. I took a short breath and pulled my arms down, staring through the huge glass window we were sitting behind. I cleared my throat. "Do you know it or not?" 

"November 9th, isn't it? What's her name... Colleen?" 

"Hoover," I nodded. 

"Am I right?" 

"Mm-hmm," I nodded. 

"Let me ask you something." He leaned forward, his arms on the table. "Why did you leave the way you did, Emma?"