chapter i

Tatianne Gregory always has a close relationship with her siblings. Their parents always being away because of their jobs had played a big role on it. She's the eldest, so she became in charge of her three siblings. Twins, both boys, that are 1 year younger than her and a girl that is four years younger.

Every Friday, the Gregory kids had gotten used to spending their night together. It usually goes by with them sprawled across their large living room, watching movies. They were so serious about it so whatever plans they accidentally make that falls on a Friday night were automatically cancelled.

"Suck it up, Tina. There are plenty of upcoming parties that you can attend," Trevor, one of the twins, told their youngest. It made her sneer at him, but nevertheless leaned back on the couch. They were about to start watching the first movie they chose for the night. Tatianne was at their kitchen pantry – she was the one assigned for snacks tonight.

After ten minutes of going through the shelves and cupboards, Tatianne let out a huff. They were out of food. She was too busy with school works that she didn't even had a time to go for groceries.

"We ran out of food," she told the news to her siblings. The twins look horrified – they were the hoarders for food so what Tatianne just told them is really a horror for them.

"That can't be," Trent said in a dissatisfied voice. "We can't watch a movie without snacks."

Tatianne rolled her eyes. "Ugh, fine," she groaned. "I'm going to the convenience store across the street. What do you want?"

"Everything," Trent answered simply.

Rolling her eyes, Tatianne grabbed the card their parents left for them to use when buying things for themselves. It's one of the few benefits of their parents being away – almost everything they want was easily given to them.

Tatianne was humming an old song on her way. By the time she reached the store, she stopped. There were only two people at the store – excluding the guard, janitor, and the cashier. One of the two other customers were an old man while the other is a college boy.

"Hey, Tati," Louise, the cashier, chirped when she saw her enter. She was always there so she easily became friends with the staffs. She usually goes there late at night, just wearing whatever she wears to sleep. Just like right now, she's just wearing a sweater that's not even hers and a biker shorts.

"The twins are making me buy their snacks again," Tatianne complained, starting to look around the racks. The store was small enough for them to be able to have a conversation.

"It sucks to be the eldest, huh?" Louise laughed.

Tatianne groaned.

By the time she was finished, Tatianne's arms were filled with snacks – mostly chips and crackers. She and Louise talked a bit more while she was punching the products.

She was waving goodbye and was already walking towards the door when someone hastily opened and closed it. The guard was too shocked to do something and Tatianne was a bit startled, but she was lucky enough to not drop the paperbag she was holding.

"Damn," the guy cursed, pulling the hood of his jacket to hide his face even more. When he managed to catch his breath, he looked around.

"Tatianne?"

Tatianne was shocked when she recognized the guy. She remained stilled, not knowing how to respond.

"Oh, great. It's you!" Wyatt walks closer to her and held on to her arms like a kid. "Please take me home with you. The paparazzis are killing me. I just want peace!"

Tatianne recovered from the shock and frowned. The audacity?!

"I'm sorry – what?"

"Please let me crash your place," he begged.