Chapter Seventeen

Listen to if I die young :)

The next month was just as much hell. Dahlia was admitted into the hospital after not waking up. Her heart had stopped, she hadn't had enough food and her heart was stressed out to the point it was giving up. Until it did. And she died.

Of course, it wasn't that big of a deal. Niki was informed of it first, before the entire smp was told. The minute Sapnap heard, he stopped his stream, his heart breaking. His quiet crying echoing his room as he felt guilty. He caused the one person he loved to end up dead. He was the reason this happened. He felt like shit. Niki was bawling hysterically, having taken care of Dahlia for this long. Now I hope I made you sad, or even cry. As to why, Dahlia in fact wasn't dead, instead barely hanging on and in a coma.

Niki was always with her in the hospital room, Niki stopped streaming once she was admitted into the hospital to be there as much as possible and even ended up spending the night multiple times a week. Sapnap also dropped off the face of the earth. Everyone was pissed at him for treating Dahlia the way he did, but understood his side of the story.

Wilbur ended up visiting her in the hospital one day, apologizing to her for Sapnap. He sat at her bedside as her heart rate monitor beeped slowly to the same rythm. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Continuously. The silence got so bad he had to exit before he'd cry. Niki was allowed back in the room with her and it was the most saddening thing Wilbur had heard, Niki crying. He left the hospital and went home. Dahlia was in the hospital for the next few weeks, not waking up at all. To the point it was in question if they'd pull the plug. Of course Niki denied it, but things were getting expensive.

Finally, when Tommy and Tubbo were there hwr body moved on its own. "Dahlia?!" Tubbo called excitedly, Niki rushed into the room, seeing her eyes open slowly before shutting again. "Dahlia!" The girl cried, going to the other side to hug Lia, she looked tired, extremely tired. Lia squinted at the two teens before Smiling lightly. "Hi.." She croaked, her throat hurting from not talking in so long. She looked back at Niki who was crying. The nurses came in though, and pushed everyone out, needing to get testing done, therefore dahlia was put back out.
-
A few days passed again, now Dahlia was allowed to be awake. She had liquids forced into her body as well, but she was still pale and skinny. "Niki.." she murmured. "Shhh." She said, "How long?" She said, closing her eyes again to stop the blinding light. "Two months." Niki replied causing her to jolt awake. Niki held her still before Lia ended up back asleep.

She sighed and sat in the chair watching Lia, at least she was talking. The near death experience wasn't fun on her, she died. Her heart stopped. She called Sapnap for Lia. "Hey, she's awake." She informed him. "Okay? I don't care." He said, voice cracking, obviously been crying. Though, it seemed lighter than before. "You do Sap, I've seen the way you looked at her. She's your life." Niki said before hanging up, the doctors walked in shortly after.

"She'll be free to go home tomorrow. We've been watching and she's making great progress." The doctor informed and had her sign the papers. Dahlia woke up once more before falling asleep for the night.
-
Making it home was easy, Dahlia was more open to doing things, which Niki thought was odd. No one comes back from things like this the way Lia had. "Yeah they're all happy you're alive." Niki told her, and Lia nodded. She wasn't planning on making any move to contact any of them.

She worried them enough when she died, kind of? This whole thing made her realize that if she continued to act the way she'd been, it'd make everyone worried. She was still depressed, didn't want to eat, didn't want to talk. To be fair, she wanted to do nothing and do the exact thing she'd been doing.