Chapter 13

Kakashi's P.O.V.

"What should I do for her birthday today?" I ask myself. I just got back home from a mission that lasted 3 days. I bet she was missing me right now. I wonder if now is a good time to ask her. We've been together almost 4 years. Dinner, flowers, then proposal? I just don't know. Will she say no? I love her so much.

"Good morning Kakashi." My friend Guy says happily. Knocking me out of my thoughts, "Good morning, Guy." He looks at me with curiosity. "Today is (y/n)'s birthday, have you gotten anything planned for her." I can feel my self turning red, "Uhm that's actually what I was just thinking about. I have an idea of what I want to do.." Guy looks at me waiting for me to continue. "I think I'm gonna take her to dinner get her some flowers, then I'm gonna propose to her." Guy then starts getting excited, "It's about time my friend. You two have been together so long. Is there anything I could help with?" I look at him and say, "Well we could go look for her a ring, and then try to pick out some flowers if you want to help with that." He gives me a thumbs up and his wide smile.

"Good morning Guy, Kakashi." The jeweler says to Guy and I as we look at all the different pieces. I feel a blush start to come to my cheeks. What should I get her? Guy then calls to me. "Hey, Kakashi, this one looks like something she may like." I walk over to him. He wasn't wrong. This ring was beautiful just like her.

"Excuse me sir, but I would like to get this one

"Excuse me sir, but I would like to get this one." I say as I point to the ring. He looks at the ring and then arranges it into a box. I pay then we head to get flowers.

We are greeted by Ino, "Good morning Guy sensei and Kakashi sensei. What brings you two in?" I reply, "Just to get some flowers for (y/n) since her birthday is today." Asuma and Kurenai walk into the shop as I finish my sentence. Kurenai looks like she could give birth any day now. "Hi, Guy, Kakashi." Both of them say. "Hey." Guy and I say. Ino then speaks, "Well, if you need any help choosing a bouquet just let me know." I know exactly what I wanted to get her. I get her six roses and six day lilies. Her favorite. (If not what you like you could change what I chose. These are just my personal favorites.)

After parting ways from everyone, I go to wait at the school for (y/n).

*End of Kakashi's P.O.V.*

"Phew long day, but the students were so kind as to give me some gifts. I got enough fruit and chocolate to pass around the whole village." You get to the end of the hall to see the man you've been missing the most these past few days. You smile to him as he looks to see all the stuff you are carrying. "Let me give you a hand." He says grabbing the many boxes. "Oh, and Happy Birthday." He hands you a bouquet of your favorite flowers. "Thank you so much, Kakashi. I love them." He smiles and we then walk towards home.

"I would like you to get ready for your special birthday dinner." He says pulling his mask down to kiss you. Damn this man. How did I ever get so lucky to score him? "Alright." With that said you go upstairs to change into something a little more suitable for where he was going to be taking you.

" With that said you go upstairs to change into something a little more suitable for where he was going to be taking you

As you two are walking to the restaurant you can tell Kakashi is nervous about something. "Is there something wrong, hun? Are you sick? If you don't want to eat out today I'm perfectly fine with that." You say grabbing his shoulder. He gets out of his thought saying, "Oh, no sweetheart. I'm fine. Today is your day let's enjoy it." You kiss his cheek because he always thought of you before himself. "Alright, thank you."

"Table for 2?" The waiter asks. You both nod. He then guided y'all to a table in the corner. "What will your drinks be tonight?" He asks. Kakashi speaks up, "Could you bring us a bottle of red wine?" The waiter smiles, "Yes, sir." You look at Kakashi to see he's fumbling with something in his pocket. What is up with him? "Here you two go. Do you know what would you like to eat?" You then say, "I'll take a steak well done, with some peas and carrots." The waiter looks at Kakashi, "Uhm I'll have the same thing she's having." With that said the waiter walks off.

"What is wrong with you, Kakashi Hatake? You've been acting odd all evening." You ask.

Kakashi's P.O.V.

Well I guess now is of a good time as any. I stand up then get beside her kneeling on one knee, grabbing the little box out of my pocket I open it up to her. She's got her hands covering her mouth, it's something she does when she's really excited. "(Y/n) (y/l/n), I want you to be the one by my side for the rest of my life and hopefully beyond. You make me a better person, and you made the impossible seem possible. You are beautiful, smart, and definitely a woman I can not lose. Will you marry me?" She had tears coming out the corner of her eyes. She smiles to me and says, "Yes, Kakashi, yes."

She then pulls me to her and hugs me. I slide the ring on her finger then go back to my seat. The waiter was there waiting the whole time. Wow, I didn't mean to keep him waiting.

*End of Kakashi P.O.V.*

"Congratulations to you two. As a gift I would like to pay for half of your ticket." The waiter says smiling at you two. "You don't have to sir. It's very nice of you, though." He nods, "No, I insist."

You two ate your food then headed home to watch (your favorite movie). Before the night ended, though, Kakashi made sure to give you one last naughty birthday gift. Mrs. Hatake is going to have a nice ring to it.