Chapter 1: The Heart of the Champion

It was five years since the departure of Atem. Yugi Muto, Joey Wheeler, Tea Gardner and Tristan Taylor had left Domino City to attend college and university. Yugi and Joey's main subjects were Design Technology, English but of course their main topic was duelling. Tristan also researched but also did some PE for a training job as he agreed that he should leave duelling to the professionals. Tea had achieved her goal of studying to be a dancer and had studied nothing more. The four best friends had not forgotten each other and did their best to show they could all achieve their dreams even when apart and remembered their friendship symbol so that even when away from each other, they were always together.

Others had not forgotten the friends too. Seto Kaiba remained the Head of KaibaCorp and still plans to one day have another duel with the King of Games. His brother, Mokuba remains at his side but is in his mid teens and doesn't go to school as he is set to take over his brother's company one day. Maximillion Pegasus still runs Industrial Illusions but he has helped boost up Duke Devlin's game of Dungeon Dice Monsters to the public and it has become a very successful game worldwide. Ryo Bakura had also gone to university, still carrying the memories of when he was possessed by Zorc, by means of the Millenium Ring, but refusing to let it ruin his life and feels indebted to Yugi and his friends. Joey's sister, Serenity has finished school and awaits contact from Joey and his friends. Yugi's grandpa, Solomon still runs his game shop, however, Duke's shop remains more successful. Rebecca Hawkins has already completed university and still lives with her grandfather, Professor Arthur Hawkins. No-one seems to have heard from or seen Mai Valentine since her corruption by the Orichalcos. Many others who have at some point come across Yugi, Joey, Tea or Tristan have not forgotten them and starting very soon, they will all reunite for their biggest challenge yet.

....

Yugi departed from the train to Domino City and he was very eager to reach his grandpa's shop and see him again. He hadn't seen him since he returned to university three months ago for his final interval there. Now, he has finished his studies with top marks and is ready to enter the busy world around him. As he passed the park where the big city clock stood, he remembered the events that happened around here; Joey's duel with Weevil Underwood in the Battle City tournament, his rendezvouses with Tea. Then he wondered to himself, "Are Tea, Joey and Tristan finished at university too?" He really hoped that that was the case. Although it would be wonderful to be reunited with his grandpa, there would only be Seto Kaiba to talk to in the City, but he and Yugi still didn't see eye to eye in spite of the admitting of the latter being the true King of Games. Duke Devlin was also still around but he would be too busy with business to be able to spend a lot of time with Yugi. And besides, he wanted to spend time duelling Joey, walking round town with Tristan, watching films and chatting with Tea. For some reason, thinking of spending time with Tea made Yugi's heart leap with the joys of anticipation.

While thinking of this, Yugi reached the street where his grandpa's game shop stood, shining in the sun, yet derelict and dismal compared with that of Duke's newer and bigger empire. But before Yugi could dwell on this, he saw in front of the building of all people; Duke. But not just Duke. He could see a group of six people standing with him. Some people Yugi recognised very well. Standing on either side of Duke was Yugi's grandpa, waving his arms with great pleasure and Bakura, whom, Yugi realised had also finished university. Also there were to Yugi's strongest delight were his best of friends; Joey, Tristan and Tea. The latter looked very beautiful to Yugi. There was banner held high by Joey and Tristan with the big words "Welcome home, Yugi!" A smile broke over Yugi's face and he gathered his pace to reach his good friends. He firstly embraced his grandpa.

"I've missed you so much, Grandpa!"

"And I, you, Yugi!" replied the elderly man.

Then, Yugi shook hands with Duke and Bakura respectively. Bakura spoke calmly and pleasantly speaking of how well university went for him. When Duke spoke, Yugi listened with a little stern gaze in his eye as Duke's shop strongly contested his grandpa's.