Chapter 17: The Overall Coward

Yugi and Atem returned to Domino City, full of worry, discontentment and fear. They thanked Kemo, gave Pegasus their best and went back into the Game Shop.

Joey, Tristan and Solomon were upstairs, patiently awaiting their return. When they saw how pale and uneasy they looked, they demanded that Yugi and Atem to explain all that had happened atDuelist Kingdom.

When they had finished telling them about Pegasus, the prophecy, Zorc, Cecilia and the Shadow Realm, Yugi handed Joey the note dictating the names of the foes due to return.

"Oh, my. Not good." said Joey quietly, but he showed an interest in one of the names.

"So evil Marik is coming back?" he said mostly to himself, "He's mine in this war."

Yugi and Atem understood this, as Joey nearly defeated the evil Marik in the semi final of the Battle City tournament but the harsh onslaught of the Winged Dragon made him pass out before he could win. Now Joey wanted to settle the score, but they took their minds from it for the time being.

"So what are we going to do?" asked Yugi.

"Well, we need to warn everyone." said Atem, "Kaiba, Serenity, Mokuba, Noah, Bakura, Duke...Tea."

Yugi ignored him, as it was clear that Atem was trying to make him acknowledge and care for Tea's safety again.

"Let's tell the others then." said Joey, "I'll tell Serenity and Tea."

"I'll tell everyone else." said Tristan.

And so the warning of the Final War was spread to the friends of Domino City and preparations were to be made.

*********

The Mirac-le Machine was functioning without the supervision of Dr Mirac. He felt it was so successful that he could leave it to its work without any unpleasant setbacks. How wrong he was he was to discover soon.

The Machine's Dark particles of energy were strengthening and glowed.

Far away in the city below, a shadow of Mirac-le energy formed and as it faded, another shadow formed. It flew helplessly around, searching in earnest and haste for something.

In another part of the City, another shadow appeared and subsided and this time in its place, was an unconscious, large figure. This was a man sent to the Shadow Realm by Yugi and Atem with the power of the Millennium Puzzle. His crime was trying to incinerate them in the tournament of Duelist Kingdom. It was Panik the Eliminator.

Panik was finally able to stand up when he awoke, shocked and scared. He had been trapped in the Shadow Realm for so long, he didn't trust any of his surroundings anymore. But when he eventually adjusted to the fact that he was back home, he calmed down and went to the nearest pub he could find.

After several pints, Panik recollected on how he was back and who had sent him to the Shadow Realm in the first place; Yugi Muto.

"How dare he subject me, Panik the Eliminator to that shadowy hell for so long?" he thought angrily to himself.

Panik was full of hate and maniacal desires to get revenge. So finishing his drink, he left the pub and set off in search for Yugi.

He had decided to duel Yugi again and then badly beat him physically as well as through a duel. Hell, maybe worse, was the thought that went through his mind. As he walked, Panik noticed loads of people walking around wearing a strangely shaped device, with decks sitting inside them. He decided to inquire into what they were.

"You." he said gruffly to a teenager who looked no older than sixteen, "What is that thing you're wearing on your arm?"

"Where have you been?" asked the boy, "It's the Duel Disk. Kaiba made these years ago. They're the best way to have a duel wherever you want. Everyone has one."