Chapter 24: The Kaiba Family Battle

The energy pulsating around Kaiba, Mokuba and Noah enveloped them and concealed them. The evening sky was still able to be seen. It was like they were trapped in a cylinder, like a giant toilet roll, only it was an energy cylinder, which to all the brothers' surprises, seemed to be transforming into computer codes, numbers darting everywhere.

"What the-?" gasped Kaiba.

"These look familiar." said Mokuba.

Noah turned pale and he swayed, trying to keep his balance. "No, it can't be...." he groaned, his throat tight with fear.

Then the energy stopped and now the Kaiba brothers were completely concealed in this virtual cylinder, imprisoned, as the floor of the roof transformed beneath their feet. It was now metallic and rusty, and then an image appeared from one end of the cylinder, where the three brothers had their faces focused on. The image showed a body. An elderly, muscular body with the stoniest, wickedest face they had ever seen and at certain points in their pasts, endured. It was Gozaburo Kaiba!

"Hello, Seto!" said the virtual, yet humanly evil voice of Gozaburo.

"YOU!" shouted Kaiba lividly.

"No words of welcome for your true son?" asked Noah contemptuously.

"You betrayed and killed me, Noah." said Gozaburo coldly, "You are nothing to me but target practice."

"What do you want?" snapped Mokuba defensively. He could see that although Noah had him and Kaiba, he was still badly hurt by his father's constant rejections and disownments.

"I want revenge, sweet and long." said Gozaburo, "As do my associates."

"Associates?" asked Kaiba suspiciously.

"Yes, you must recognise these lot!" said Gozaburo.

As he said this, the cylinder was filled and the Kaiba brothers were surrounded by the images of the Big Five, the men who tried to betray and kill Kaiba many times, before being permanently trapped in the Virtual World.

"Oh, great!" groaned Mokuba.

"Those five incompetent fools!" added Noah.

The Big Five loomed down on them, awaiting orders from their leader.

"Now, when I defeat you in this duel, Seto," said Gozaburo, "I will take your body and two of the Big Five will enter Noah and Mokuba's. Then the remainder will take over others. And we will virtualise the whole world!"

"No, Dad! Please!" cried Noah.

All eyes turned on Noah. He had tears in his eyes. In spite of all his father had done, Noah was trying to stop him to help him.

"If you do this, what will you gain?" asked Noah sadly, "Nothing, but eternal hatred from the whole world for what you've done!"

"I never cared for others' opinions, son!" said Gozaburo, "And now to business! You and I see eye to eye on business, don't we, Seto? So the only way out of your little predicament is to defeat me in this duel!"

"Fine, I'll duel you, but I will only win again!" said Kaiba as he prepared his Duel Disk.

Then he heard two more Duel Disks. They belonged to Mokuba and Noah.

"What are you guys doing?" asked Kaiba frantically.

"We're duelling by your side!" said Mokuba.

"Easier to win that way." added Noah, though he seemed disheartened to have to fight his father again.

"But you two could be in danger! I can't allow that!" said Kaiba, stunned.

"You have no choice, Seto!" said Mokuba.