Sweet Temptations (7)

Start from the beginning

So much for presentation.

I silently walked outside hoping Shane hadn't left because if he had that would mean I couldn't really get to know him or more or this place. But to my utter joy he was there leaning against the wall.

"Wow you're fast." He pronounced as he saw me coming. I flushed immediately hoping he hadn't seen. I forgot to reply.

"Well, let's go then shall we?" He asked sounding very gentleman like as he gave me his hand.

"Yeah," I said taking his hand feeling heat rise up to my cheeks.

We walked down the staircase, Shane walked slowly giving me time to inspect my surroundings. I had to keep my feet steady in case I slipped and fell. I had Shane's hand supporting me. 

"So this is the main hall room which hasn't been used in centuries I guess," Shane pointed out as we entered the huge room which I had thought was a ball room. The chandelier seemed even larger now that I was right under it. There were large windows reaching up to a great heights with colorful patterns on them. I could tell that this place hadn't been used in a  while. Everything looked untouched.

There was a large door with exquisite carvings on it. We walked towards it, I wondered how we could possibly ever open it. But to my surprise it opened itself revealing a beautiful garden. I was surprised at how it didn't open with any noise but I was also fascinated. The garden in front of me was beautiful. There were lush trees having red leaves; blood red leaves. They looked beautiful. There were red leaves everywhere, it was breathtaking.  It looked like fresh autumn leaves but I couldn't even tell if this place had change of seasons. The garden was really large having countless trees with different colored leaves. I stood there awestruck.

"Shall we move on?" Shane asked with a look of amusement on his face.

I nodded my head not replying. We walked over to the trees. I breathed  the fresh air. It felt so good to be able to outside again. I felt I hadn't seen the outside world in days. Not that there was anything to see anyway.

There were little bushes with yellow-green leaves on the sides of the path that we were walking on. This place had unbelievable beauty and it was hard to think that this was a part of this horrible place where people were tortured everyday.

"This is beautiful," I smiled giving Shane a glance. His green eyes immediately caught my attention.

Without wanting to, I turned my head away.

"Yeah," Shane's voice came. I didn't look back at him because I knew if I did I would not be able to resist staring into his green eyes.

"Let's go to the back, there is something you should see," Shane said taking hold of my hand again.

"Okay," I mumbled letting him guide me to the back. I realized now that this place which seemed to large was a mansion although I wasn't too sure. It was made of stone and was unexpectedly beautiful. This seemed all fairytale like to me

I didn't like asking Shane about it. Then a question swirled in my mind.

What was Shane doing here?

I was having odd thoughts. We silently walked towards the back. I saw a fountain, it seemed strangely special. And again like before I felt a peculiar yet strong sense of déjà vu. Soon I was close enough to see it, it was a beautiful fountain spraying crystal like cold water. It was made out of a  scenic stone I could not identify. I dipped my hand into the water feeling the cold water brush over my fingers.  The trees at the back were the same as on the front but were more pleasing to the eye.

I pulled my hand out which was now numb because of the cold water. Just as I was about to turn away I saw something that caught my eye. On the fountain there were two letters engraved.

I stood there daunted staring at the two initials imprinted  skillfully on the hard stone of the fountain.

"Something wrong?" Shane asked. I must have been looking like an idiot, blood drained away from my face.

I shook my head and then turned away still shocked.

"That's pretty much everything worth seeing. You can stay here for a while if you want or come inside," Shane told me looking bored.

"I don't feel like staying here alone, anyway."

"Well who said I'm leaving the damsel in distress?" He retorted back humorously.

"Very funny," I said softly trying to hide the smile that appeared on my face.

"And she smiles," Shane responded immediately.

I blushed furiously giving him a death glare.

"I'll shut up now," Shane said looking away with a funny look on his face.

I felt really comfortable being around with him not to mention safe but I was nervous all the same. He was incredibly cute and charming. I could tell that as long as he was here I wouldn't be bored.

As we walked back silently I wondered what was the meaning of the initials impressed on the fountain.

Why of all the places in the world are the initials of my name carved on a fountain in Dark Dimension?