It was over before Katara could question it. However, Rae saw something different than she did before. She saw Korra. Her eyes were glowing, and she started bending all four elements. Korra had her bending back. Rae couldn't figure out how she got it back. It was a mystery to her, but the knowledge that the Avatar was whole again made her smile.

"What happened?" asked Katara concerned.

Rae only smiled and took Katara's hands in her own, "Korra restored her bending!"

-

After Korra restored Lin's bending, everyone was at the docks of the Southern Water Tribe. A United Forces ship was waiting for everyone to board so they could go back to Republic City. Iroh and Lin were waiting on the docks for the others to finish saying their goodbyes. Rae walked to the two at the same time Korra did.

"I'm afraid I cannot come with you," she said.

Lin's eyes widened, and so did Korra's. Iroh stood unfazed, knowing what was about to happen. He was already familiar with the information after Rae told him about it the night before

"What do you mean?" asked Lin, "Who's going to take your place at the Station?"

Rae sighed. "Now that Korra has mastered all four elements, it is my duty to finish my own training," she said, looking back at Katara, "I have neglected Waterbending almost all my life. I believe it's time for me properly learn it. I will be staying with Master Katara at least until the Glacier Spirits Festival."

Korra looked down but nodded. The two women hugged, and the Avatar made space for Lin. The older Beifong looked at her daughter dead in the eyes, "Are you sure about this? The Festival is in six months..."

Rae nodded and hugged her mother. When the two let go, Rae said, "I am sure, mother. I'll be safe here."

Lin signed but nodded her head. She patted Rae's shoulder a couple of times before she walked away and boarded the ship. Iroh came behind her and stopped in front of the Guardian. The woman tilted her head backward so she could look at him in the eyes.

"Be safe, general," she said with a small smirk. Iroh laughed opened his arms. Rae stepped in the warm hug. Iroh rested his chin on her head and muttered, "I should be the one telling you that."

When they stepped away from each other, Rae smiled. She watched as Iroh walked away and waved at her with a wide grin. He boarded the ship and passed Lin. The woman glared at him. "What in the name of Kyoshi was that?!" she whispered angrily at him as she hit his forearm, "Go tell her what you feel! I've had enough of both of you! I swear I've never met people so blind!"

Iroh hissed but still looked back at Rae. She was walking away from the docks with Katara. Before she could start to walk towards her, Lin pushed him off the ship. He stumbled down the ramp, making the older Beifong roll her eyes.

"Rae! Wait!" he exclaimed running towards her. The woman stopped and told Katara to go ahead without her. When Iroh stopped in front of her, he blushed when he saw her look at him with a smile.

"Are you alright, Iroh?" she asked laughing.

Iroh nodded and scratched his head. "Yeah, I'm fine... just wanted to tell you... I'll see you... at the festival...?"

Rae looked at him weirdly. She nodded, looking back at her mother, who stood next to the railing of the ship with a hopeless look.

"Sure," she said, looking back at Iroh, "I'd be great! You deserve a few days off..."

He smiled at nodded. Rae turned around to leave and Iroh looked back at Lin. The woman pointed to him before she pointed to Rae. Her aggressive gestures made him look away.

Before Rae could walk too far away, he grabbed her hand, making her look at him. "Is everything ok?" she asked with a worried glance.

He didn't answer. Instead, he gently put his free hand on her cheek and pressed his lips against hers. Rae stood frozen in her spot before she melted in the kiss. Iroh wrapped his other hand around her waist, bringing her closer to his body. She brought her hands to his face, deepening the kiss.

"ahem!"

Both stepped away from each other. Rae looked away from the man, her red cheeks contrasting with her snow-white hair. Iroh's face was a dark shade of red too, darker than his uniform.

Lin was standing in front of them with her hands crossed against her chest. She glared at Iroh for a few moments before she spoke, "The ship is going to leave, general."

"right," muttered Iroh. He looked back at Rae, catching beautiful green eyes. He smiled slightly, his blush deepening before he walked away.

Lin glared at him until he was boarding the ship. Then, she turned around to her daughter. "We need to have some pretty intense talk about this," she said pointing to the Guardian before she turned around and walked away.

Rae didn't move from her spot on the snow. She waved at the ship as it took sail and smiled when she saw Iroh in his red uniform do the same. She stayed frozen in place until the ship was only a dot on the horizon. With a sigh, she turned around and walked to the small building Katara entered.

As she was about to sit on a small sofa and close her eyes until Katara would start training her when a body appeared in front of her. It was a tall man dressed in air nomad clothes. His hair was as white as hers and his tattoos glowed.

"Your connection to the spirit world is strong, Guardian Rae Akemi. One day, you will become a celestial body meant to look after this world like every other Avatar and Guardian before you. Do not fail your duties as Guardian, or else chaos will reign around you. I will only guide you have mastered all of your abilities..."