Dark part of the Biz

Start from the beginning

Wendy turned her head and saw Irene holding her in place and walking beside her.

"On second thoughts.. I'll drop you off," Irene said with a blank face as she walked with the nervous girl.

Wendy instantly relaxed at this gesture and felt her heart calming down. Now that she was with someone, she didn't feel so nervous or scared.

"Did Jennie hit you too much last time?," Irene asked as she kept her gaze on the street in front of her.

"Not really," Wendy shook her head left and right cutely. Her injury was perfectly healed now.

Irene hummed in response and saw that they had already reached their destination.

"I'll drop you off by car," Wendy suggested politely.

"I'm fine," Irene replied and shook her head.

"Thank you unnie," Wendy replied in smile as she bowed.

"Unnie?," Irene asked with wide eyes.

Wendy who was in the bow, still facing the ground froze at the spot. She closed her eyes shut and furrowed her eyebrow at her unstoppable mouth. She knew how to embarrass herself very nicely.

"Well I am older than you by 5 years," Irene shrugged off the awkward air between them like it was nothing.

Wendy released a breath she didn't know she was holding and straightened her back. She fidgeted with her nervous hands wondering if everything was fine with them.

"Now I hope you won't meet me here next week okay?," Irene said, a little teasingly as she turned around and started to walk back on her way.

Wendy who was standing outside kept looking at the older woman until she was sure that the latter has passed the mart. She wanted to make sure that Irene went across safely.

After this, Wendy went back in with a smile on her face and walked across the loving room.

"Freeze," a sudden sound startled her.

Wendy froze and turned around, facing her two best friends who were looking at her suspiciously.

"W-What?," Wendy asked, cursing herself for stuttering.

"Where were you?," Joy asked as she gently pushed Wendy on the sofa behind her.

Her and Seulgi both hovered over the girl who looked like she just committed a crime. They wanted to know why their anti-social friend would go outside at this time of the night.

"I went out in the garden for some Ire.. air," Wendy explained, disappointed in herself for almost saying Irene's name instead of air.

The couple who glared at her with squinted eyes continued to observe her for a good 2 minutes before nodding. That answer was satisfactory. They can't think of Wendy having a girlfriend.. or a secret friend to meet at this time anyways.

"Now if you're done interrogating me.. I'll wash up," Wendy said, standing up and quickly rushing to her room.

She closed the door behind her back and made her way to her washroom. She stood in the warm shower as she looked at her hand. Irene had held her wrist today while walking. She smiled slightly, wondering what this heart fluttering feeling is.

After taking a long shower, Wendy went to her bed, getting inside her covers. She hugged her warm blanket as she took her phone in her hands. She wanted to take Irene's number today but she couldn't. The number on the card which the older woman gave her was of the manager of the club's and not hers anyways.