Chapter 1121

Meanwhile, with Antonio & Sylvie
Antonio's POV: As I laid down in bed with Sylvie, I smiled as she leaned against me and left soft kisses on my neck. My kids were currently at their mom's wish meant that we had time around. Unfortunately, I thought maybe she needed something when I saw my phone beep twice. "Not yet Tonio, I am still having fun." I nodded and smiled as I rolled over to kiss her. "Might be important." I then went to grab my phone and read the text from Gabby. "Oh shit. I knew I forgot to do something this week!"

Sylvie then got nervous and looked at me. "What?" I turned to look at her. "I forgot to tell my mom about our engagement. And apparently, the pregnancy too." Sylvie was not happy about that. "Excuse me!" I then went to kiss her again when she pulled away. "I could forgive the engagement since it just happened last week. But the pregnancy! I am giving birth in 4 months!" Sylvie then got up and walked away to take a shower. "Don't join me." I sighed as I sat up and got a call from my mom. "Hi mom." That's when I got it.

"What's this about you having a PREGNANT FIANCE?" I then sighed. "Mom, please just calm down. We literally just got engaged last week. I'm a cop, you know that I'm busy." My mom wasn't taking that down. "Antonio, I am your mother! I can forgive not knowing about an engagement that happened last week. But a pregnancy? Antonio, you are almost 50 years old!" I sighed and understood. "Mom, I'm sorry but she's the woman I love. Heck, I love her more than I ever loved Laura. So, I have no regrets that we are having twins together."

Gabby obviously didn't tell her that part. "TWINS!" I sighed and then leaned my head back. "Antonio, are you expecting me to just move in and help? You have 2 kids already. And now twins?" I didn't even expect her to go there. "Mom, you are not moving in to help me raise our kids. We are going it together." My mom was not taking that. "I expect to meet this woman before you get married, let alone have the twins! A mother should know who her son is marrying."

I sighed. "Mom, you already met her. It's Sylvie. You know, the one was my date to your divorce party?" My mom then realized who it was. "Okay, still...how did I not know about this before now? Antonio, she's giving birth in 4 months." I sighed and understood. "I'm sorry okay. I should've told you. I already told my ex. How did I not tell you?" My mom then took a breath. "Listen, when are you taking time off next? I want to meet her before anything else happens." 

I understood that too. "Well, I will tell you this. We have a wedding date. We are getting married June 26th. And the twins are being born April 10th." My mom then went to write those dates down. "Then I am going to be in town those dates. I am going to isolate. I already missed the birth of my latest grandson. I am not going to miss the birth of my next grandchildren." I smiled and decided to tell her the genders. "Once of each. Theo Jose Dawson and Lola Maria Dawson." 

My mom liked the sound of that. "Oh, those names are adorable. I am just concerned. I mean, not to age you but...are you worried about the fact that you are 50?" I sighed and then didn't think of that. "Mom, I am in shape. I'm probably going to live into my late 80s or early 90s." My mom sighed. "Sorry, I am just worried. By the way, sorry if I woke you up." I shook my head. "You didn't wake me up. However, what I am not happy about is how you came into town at Christmas."

My mom got confused. "I wasn't in town at Christmas." That's when I heard Sylvie yell to me. "That was Matt's mom that came into town." I then remembered and sighed. "I told her everything, I promise." Sylvie then walked in. "Not good enough." She then dried her hair before putting her towel down. "I'm going out today. Alone." I then went to talk to her and protested. "Sylvie, you are not going out in COVID." Sylvie just looked at me. "Just watch me." She then went to grab her phone and wallet.

I then sighed while talking to my mom. "Mom, can I call you later? I need to stop Sylvie from leaving for the day." My mom understood. "You better call me later." I agreed and then hung up before going to grab some sweats so that I could follow Sylvie downstairs and talk to her.