• 5 • The Reunion of Idiots

I parked my Range Rover in front of the Soave Giulia before hooking off the Bluetooth

"I'm telling you, fratello, next time we scalp them, tried it on a guy a few years back, the dude wouldn't stop talking after that," Gino was speaking to me through the phone. I laughed while walking towards the restaurant, but stopped once I saw a familiar face.

Josie. She was in her car and seemed to be... praying? She was holding onto a necklace and her head was bent down. In that state she seemed so at peace, her beautiful features were relaxed and I could further appreciate how attractive she was. I could stare forever.

"Hello?" Gino's voice brought me back to reality.

"Yeah, I think I'll stick to bone crushing, I like the sound it makes. I'll call you back, Gino," I hung up and lifted my head back towards her car to see it empty. She must be in the restaurant.

Signs were showing that Las Casas were planning revenge on us since we exposed part of their illegal business. We had to attack before they did, it wasn't only a question of money and power, dignity was involved. And we sure as hell didn't want to lose our face in front of that amateur mafia. That's why I came to the restaurant, so I can discuss it directly with the Boss.

Once I enter, I see Josie waiting in front of my parents' office door which was exactly where I was headed. I took slower steps anticipating the interaction I was bound to have with her. Not that I didn't want to, I wanted to so bad, it's just that she made me uncomfortable and nervous in a way that almost felt good, which was a foreign feeling. It didn't take much time before I was standing right next to her.

"Hi, Mr Ricci," she greeted me first.

"Hi Josie, and no need for the formalities with me, just call me Orlando." She smiled, then turned her head back to face the door.

I didn't stop looking at her, I couldn't. She was wearing a long sundress that didn't fail to hide the curve that created her back and her bum. I salivated at the sight but brought my eyes back up where I found her long gorgeous curly hair. She had let half of her hair loose and the top half she kept it in a bun as her curtain bangs were free. It framed her face divinely.

"Your hair looks really nice," I dared, and succeeded as I saw a faint tint of red colour her cheeks.

"Thank you, it took me about thirty minutes and two arm cramps, but I'm glad to see it was worth it," she grinned, letting me admire her smile. A sight for sore eyes.

"Do you understand Italian?" I asked as I was listening to my parents' talking through the door. They seemed caught in an argument, and though I speak Italian, I could only catch a word out of three because they screamed on top of each other.