10 - Too much

Waking up in pain for the second time in the past twentyfour hours made Hoseok a bit frightened thinking what it would be like the tenth time, as a hole in his chest most likely wasn't going to heal anytime soon. He reached for the orange, see through jar of pills and tossed a few into his mouth which he then had to limp to the kitchen and drink some water to swallow. The same green numbers were showing on the microwave he'd brought to the house the day they moved in, right now showing 03.35. For the sake of variety in their week, Hoseok had been the first one to wake up and found himself being restless already - no need to say, their sleeping schedules weren't what was considered ordinary. He slid the glass shutter of the TV bench open, revealing probably more than fourty different playstation games, but Hoseok had already decided on the one he made sure to always stay ahead of Jimin in. After having inserted the disk into the console, he watched as the Assassins Creed 4 intro was playing on the screen, sipping on a beer he'd grabbed when walking by the refrigerator.

"Hoseok?" Seokjin poured himself a cup of coffee which he then put in the microwave. "Didn't they recommend you not to look too much at screens?" He made his way over to the couch and sat down on the one spot not covered by Hoseok's stuff with a conserned mom-like look covering his face.

"Yea also not to overdose on painkillers or take them with alcohol so I'm pretty much screwed already." Hoseok grinned. He placed the brown-tinted glass bottle on the round table and sat down, leaning against his tower of pillows. "Where's Jiminnie? Thought he'd be up by now."

"He woke me up and asked for a ride to school." Seokjin mumbled from the kitchen where he'd rushed to grab the coffee, as usual making sure not to let the timer reach zero.

"What?" Hoseok let his eyes off the TV. "And you thought that'd be safe?"

"No, I made Tae go with him." Seokjin spat as if he'd only awaited Hoseok's criticism. "Yoongi's already left to pick 'em up."

Hoseok nodded, letting out a sigh of alleviation - even if he wasn't entirely calm since the worried feeling in his stomach hadn't fully vanished overnight. "They should be back any minute, then."

Seokjin nodded motionlessly while taking a sip of his coffee, resting his elbows on the backrest Hoseok was leaning against. For the next few minutes Hoseok couldn't help but glancing out the window every now and then, earning muffled laughs from Seokjin as he every other time died in the game, Hoseok not having told him he was literally panicking on the inside and wouldn't let it go until he witnessed the boy coming home with his own eyes.
A quarter to four, a black BMW finally pulled in to the driveway and disappeared around the corner, and seconds later there were footsteps on the front porch.

Yoongi was talking when they walked through the door, discussing some movie, which meant maybe nothing had gone wrong today, after all. Taehyung was the first one to appear from around the corner, lighting up as he spotted Hoseok being up.

"Hyung! How are you?" He smiled and pulled his hoodie over his head, leaving himself wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Okay, thanks." Hoseok mumbled. He never let his gaze go from the door opening through which Taehyung had come. Yoongi soon walked by, nodding his head in a greeting, headed for the bathroom.

"Where's Jimin?" Hoseok paused the game, looking straight at Taehyung who seemed disconcerted by how stressed out he sounded.

"What's up with you two lately?" Seokjin chuckled, glancing at Hoseok for a second before returning to his phone.

"H-he went out with some friends." Taehyung looked puzzled.

"Shit." Hoseok hissed. Taehyung, although he most likely was too afraid to ask, undoubtedly wanted to know what was going on when Hoseok grabbed his phone and dialed Jimin's number, cussing louder for every time the younger didn't pick up. He must have left at least ten voicemails and sent twice as many texts, not really knowing whether his conserns were well-founded or unnecessary, he decided not to explain himself for the others yet as it may come out a bit crazy.

'Were u at?' Hoseok typed, tapping his fingers on his knee awaiting an as quick response as he always got from Jimin. 'Can u pick up the fucking phone when i call?' Ten minutes, no answer. What the fuck is he doing?

"Hoseok tell us what's going on." Namjoon had sat down in the couch along with Seokjin, who as well had tried to reach Hoseok's attention whithout him noticing as he wasn't very observant at the time; the little energy he had got put into focusing on Jimin. He was starting to feel dizzy and naseous, heart pounding in his forhead. Man, was this not the time to have a concussion.

"Jimin.. he thinks this shit's all on him." Hoseok ran five shaky fingers through his tousled hair, covering his mouth with the other hand as he was about to throw up any second now. "I think he's taken off."

Taehyung without hesitating picked his own phone up, dialing a number and putting the phone to his ear. "Voicemail." He mumbled, trying it again anyways. "Are you sure? He seemed fine all day." Taehyung shook his head, but Hoseok just ignored as it to him mostly seemed like he was trying to calm himself down by submitting false hope.

"He wouldn't do that." Namjoon was standing up now, looking at Hoseok with a confused frown.

"Easy for you to say you fucking idiot." Hoseok blurted. "You're the motherfucker who planted in his head our fight was 'cause of him. Have you even bothered getting to know him?"

Namjoon dropped his chin. For once he wasn't looking angry, nor irritated. Mostly guilty actually, and ashamed. He placed a palm against his forehead, taking a couple of deep breaths. "Where do I look for him?" His voice was shaky and if it weren't for Hoseok's heart racing through his already torn apart chest, he would've felt guilty for bursting out what he had.

"Another one of these days then." Seokjin tossed the TV-remote he'd been holding since he shut the TV off unnecessarily hard into the couch, making pieces bounce to the rug it was standing on. He walked by the locker in the kitchen to grab his car-keys before exiting the room. "Namjoon, come with me."

He ran around grabbing his stuff before obeying and shamfacedly mumbling "we'll find him" before stumbling out of the front door.

Hoseok was trying his best to grasp for air, feeling droplets of sweat run down his face. With his arms clenched around his stomach he leaned forward over his crossed legs, groaning loudly. If it was some sort of seizure or mainly a panic attack he wasn't sure of, although it reminded more of the latter. He recognized the feeling; it threw him back six years, it made snapshots from the back of his head reveal, feelings of guilt unleash in his body, remembering the heartbreaking sight of his now best friends covered in blood before blacking out to the sounds of everyone screaming and panicking. He had no idea how far Jimin would take this, as he knew he'd felt guilty about their struggles the past months already before all of this went down. He'd easily make things his fault, and didn't mind solving them by somehow endangering himself. All he was certain of was that nothig mattered more than finding him, and thinking about what stupid things Jimin might cause himself made Hoseok's chest hurt so bad, the last thing he remembered before passing out being Taehyung shaking his shoulders, shouting.