8 - Overload

"Please, stop!" Jimin yelped, tripping backwards as Hoseok had shoved him away when he tried to get between him and Namjoon.

Blood was running down his face, dripping down and landed on Namjoon's shirt, making the already existing stains even bigger. The table was flipped over, lying right beside Namjoon's swollen face. Just as Hoseok raised a clenched fist to throw anoter punch, Namjoon flipped him over and returned the favor, with the only differnce that Hoseok didn't react fast enough to stop him. Crunch. His jaw was suddenly burning in pain, pulsating and cracking.

"Why aren't you stopping them?" Jimin was holding his hands over his ears, he'd never been around for a fight like this anytime during the months he'd lived there, which was odd, as they weren't that rare. "He broke his fucking jaw! Do something!"

"Yeah, well, I fucking tried." Taehyung mumbled and walked away, a proof that you sooner or later grew used to this violence. He was holding his nose with paper covered in red; Namjoon or Hoseok had probably managed to break it when he'd more carelessly done what Jimin just had.

Namjoon grabbed Hoseok's shirt by the neck and yanked him off the ground, only to, with nearly all his remaining strength, striking him back against the floor, causing stars to appear underneath Hoseok's eyelids. Knowing this was probably his last chance before passing out, Hoseok jabbed a knee against Namjoon's stomach, making his arms cave in as he had to gasp for air, and Hoseok took this opportunity to push him away by his shoulders, unintentionally slamming his head against the wall.

When he charged at him again, only threatening him to be honest, Namjoon - to Hoseok's relief - placed his arms to cover his face, cussing. "Okay, fuck! Stop." He kicked a leg up, making Hoseok loose his balance and fall to the ground, this time staying there as Namjoon had basically just surrendered.

On wobbly legs, they both got up, leaving the room without another word, holding their worst wounded parts. The younger hadn't taken the hits as bad as Hoseok; he'd possibly get a black eye and a swollen lip or nose, but if he cleaned the blood from his face, he'd come to realize that most of the blood had come from Hoseok's face, and not the few scratches on his own. He went immediately upstairs, locking himself in the bathroom, and Hoseok stumbled to the kitchen, Jimin following close behind as he nearly passed out into the sink.

"The fuck happened?" Jimin grabbed a piece of paper with shaky hands and dabbed it against Hoseok's cracked eyebrow when he'd wet it with hot water.

"Shit." Hoseok growled between gritted teeth, closing his eyes as tightly as possible as if that'd take the pain away, when it actually just made it worse. "Better get used to it." He mumbled, pressing Jimin's hand harder against his face, as he'd come to learn the best ways to quickly stop the bleeding, although they usually hurt the most. "Don't let that fucking paper go, okay? Keep pressing, hard." He was trying not to open his mouth as he spoke, knowing he might have a fracture in his jaw, so when he talked it sounded like he was extremely drunk or something like it.

"Okay." Jimin nodded quickly, terror still clear in his huge, shiny eyes. When he did, Hoseok let the hand go, and sure enough, the pressure stayed the same. "Want some help to the couch?"

Instead of answering, Hoseok stood up with some help of the counter and Jimin as support, starting to waddle over in whichever direction Jimin lead him, as his eyes were closed. "Just wait, I'll be right back." Jimin placed Hoseok's hand where he'd kept his, before leaving Hoseok's side and taking a few steps to the left, for some reason Hoseok didn't know, abandoning him to walk across the room on his own.

"Welcome back Jeongguk, happy birthda-" Appears, Jimin had went to open the door, where someone had rung the doorbell without Hoseok even nearly noticing. He opened his swollen eyes and looked at the boy who seemed to have frozen, but, even though he was only a few feet away, couldn't see more than the blurry silhouette of what appeared to be Jimin, and the front door, slowly but steadily swinging up on its own.

"Well thank you, Jimin!"

Sam. "Jimin, get back!" Hoseok blurted without thinking twice, instantly having to clutch around his jaw as it hurt so bad. This was not the fucking time for this. Nearly stumbling on his own feet, he took a couple of steps forward with some help from his sudden rush of adrenalin, given by him spotting the gun shaped item Sam pulled out of his jacket. "Back!" He grabbed Jimin's wrist and pulled him down and backwards, placing him both behind and partly underneath Hoseok.

And boom. With no time for Hoseok to react, or even fully realize what was going on, who was there and where he was, Sam fired his gun. The bullet went through the air in full speed, heading straight for Hoseok. The last thing he remembered before completely blacking out was four, foggy things; Sam, running away; Jimin, screaming his lungs out, screaming Hoseok's name, screaming for the others; someone else coming running down the stairs, talking in phones, panicking, touching Hoseok on places that hurt and places that didn't, trying to catch his attention, make him answer questions; and last but not least, holding his hands over the hole in his chest, feeling the thick, warm substance pour out of him, knowing he didn't have much to spare to begin with.