7 - History

"Okay, so you got all you need?" Seokjin crotched down outside the passenger door, handing over a final bag of necessities.

Jimin nodded, trying to act calm, but flinched at every single shadow passing by.

"And Hoseok, you sure you're good to drive? You were really hungover."

"Yea well I'm kinda sure that's all gone by now." Hoseok leaned over Jimin's lap and slammed the door shut, wanting to get out of there as soon as possible. He pulled out of the driveway and turned right when he reached the highway, taking a detour to fool any possible trackers. Glancing in the rear mirror every other second, he stepped on the gas as it seemed like no one was following them, making a quick turn right again to head in the right direction.

"Hoseok?" Jimin carefully asked.

Hoseok felt guilty, Jimin was nearly shaking in the seat next to him, fists clenched white and bloodless around the backpack in his lap.

"We're goin' somewhere safe, calm down." Hoseok tried to smile. "I've got a beach house like an hour away."

Relieved, Jimin let out a deep sigh and nodded. "Oh."

The drive there, which usually did take just barely more than an hour, this time was shortened to less than three quarters, since he was stepping on the gas most of the way. Palm trees were starting to show up by the end of the beach they were driving alongside, which ended just below his house. Glancing over at Jimin, he seemed to have nearly fallen asleep.

"We're here." Hoseok patted the younger on his lap when he'd parked the car on the driveway. "Just get inside, I'll take our bags."

Jimin nodded and grabbed the key Hoseok had reached out for him, and hopped out of the car with the bag still in his arms. Hoseok watched him as he limped inside, and all the way until he spotted him in the bedroom window, laying down in Hoseok's bed. Pulling the other two bags over the backrest from the backseat, he then followed the boy inside, locking the door behind him. It'd been months since he last visited this place, but everything looked the same. The walls as well as the furniture were all made out of some sort of straw-ish, bamboo like material, and every outer wall was covered in big glass doors, showing off the beautiful nature out there, on the east coast. He went a couple of laps around the house, making sure every single door and window were locked and covered by curtains.

Eleven pm. Having too much adrenaline pumping through his body, and knowing that both him and Jimin being asleep probably wasn't safe, Hoseok sat down in the couch and turned on the TV. He'd just settled on a channel which was okay enough to watch for a bit, when Jimin tiptoed out of the bedroom, wearing nothing but boxers.

"You're not gonna sleep?"

"Not tonight, I wanna be sure no one's coming here." Hoseok mumbled. "You sleep, you're clearly tired."

"Nah, I'm fine." Jimin walked over to the couch, grabbing a blanket along the way which he then tossed over his shoulders before sitting down. "What are we watching?" He mumbled, leaning away in an attempt to hide a yawn.

"Dunno, change if you want to." Hoseok shrugged, almost laughing at how adorable Jimin looked as he tried to cover up a yawn by holding the blanket over his face, but quickly cursing at himself when he realized what the fuck he was thinking.

Jimin just shook his head, hardly noticeable with closed eyes. He nicked a few times, almost falling asleep where he sat, but stubbornly tried to force his eyes open. Every now and then he made muffled sounds and giggles, every single time making Hoseok flinch where he sat until he realized what was going on. At first, he nearly cringed as the, what previously had been, annoying little kid, fell asleep against his shoulder, but later just went with it and found himself not being bothered by it, at all.