5 - An old friend

"Shouldn't they be here by now?" Seokjin was walking back and forth, nervously scratching his neck.

Everyone let him be, as trying to calm him down usually just upset him more. Hoseok poked Namjoon's upper arm, waving his hand for him to lean in closer.

"I get he's living with us now, or, no I don't.. but for real, why'd he come with us here?" Hoseok whispered.

There wasn't a chance that Seokjin could hear him, as he was standing at the front of the building, on top of the loading dock, and the other six were in the back - yes, six, they insisted we'd bring the new kid - but the reason he whispered wasn't Seokjin, but just that, they brought the knew kid.

"I told you, this isn't the time." Namjoon briefly answered, trying to make it clear he wasn't having this conversation there and then.

"Well too fucking bad, you should've contained the idiot from blurting out he's 'in the gang', as I so touchingly heard him put it." Hoseok spat, ignoring Jimin's look from beside him.

"Yeah okay you really wanna take this shit now? Or will you fucking stop nagging me?" Namjoon turned to face Hoseok, the irritation clear in his eyes. He had clenched one fist, probably unintentionally, and had almost raised it from his side.

"Oh, it's like that?" Hoseok murmured with a grin, stepping closer to Namjoon as he knew Seokjin and himself had higher roles than the younger, although he seemed to enjoy acting as if the role of vice leader combined with his money somehow made him powerful. Yes, he was in charge of tons of stuff, but beating an elder? He wasn't that stupid.

"Why did you guys make the decision without me? You're not the leader." Hoseok took another step closer, grin growing as he could tell Namjoon was close to loosing it, since Hoseok knew exactly which buttons to push.

"Shut the fuck up back there." Seokjin hissed.

"Answer me." Hoseok lowered his voice.

"You were away, Seokjin and I were in on it, the others voted, he has a similar history, it seemed right." Namjoon stated, looking a lot calmer as he turned away, knowing he'd managed to leave Hoseok speechless.

"Whatever." Hoseok muttered.

When Seokjin raised a hand behind him, making the signal with his hand they all - except for Jimin, of course - knew meant 'get ready', Hoseok placed a hand over the holster hanging on his hip, underneath his hoodie.

"Jimin, stay back." Yoongi shuffled so that the boy was standing behind everyone, being the only one with nothing to defend himself.

"Sup?" Seokjin shook hands with Sam, nodding in the other two guys's direction.

"We'll just get straight to it." Sam gesticulated for one of the guys in the back holding a bag to step forward. "The last delivery didn't exactly.. live up to our expectation, y'know?"

Hoseok carefully took a step closer the lit up part of the building, trying to get a better view of what was going on, as well as trying to hear them better.

"It's the same stuff as always, though?" Seokjin sounded surprised.

"Yeah well, we'd like a refund, pal, 'cause this shit isn't worth the money we gave you." Sam was already annoyed, Hoseok could tell.

"Fine, but I didn't bring any tonight. I'll have 'em in a week."

Seokjin was starting to pull away, trying to get closer to the rest, hiding in the back. It was a smart move, bringing backup, as things seemed to be going downhill even faster than usual.

"Bullshit!" Sam pulled out a gun and aimed it at Seokjin. "That rich vice of yours, he'll have the money here in minutes."

"Tha-" Hoseok grasped for his gun, ready to launch forward when Namjoon grabbed his wrist, pulling him back.

"Not yet." Looking back, the others nodded at Hoseok in agreement.

"Your choice. Call him, or we'll just off you and have them come after us instead." Kevin, the guy holding an open bag revealing plastic bags, spoke up.

"Yeah just go ahead and fucking try." Hoseok refused to risk Seokjin for another second, ignoring the fact he might not be thinking things through.

Stepping forward with his gun pulled at Sam, Hoseok was pleased as the others followed him without complaint, proving that he was still in charge.

"You piece of shit." Sam shook his head, lowering his gun and putting it back against his stomach, held there by the hem of his jeans. "You brought your pals." He chuckled, a teasing grin covering half of his stubbled face. At least Sam's mood swings hadn't changed since last.

Kevin and the third, unknown guy grabbed their holsters, getting ready to act.

"No, no, calm down guys. I haven't seen these boys in forever." Sam looked from person to person, lingering at each and every one with a chuckle for seconds.

"Nah last time was.. oh, when you killed Shinyuk, I think!" Jeongguk fake laughed, clapping his hand together.

Sam just chuckled, scratching his jawline with his gaze glued to the ground by his feet. A muffled cough sounded from the back, barely enough to be heard, but unfortunately, Sam clearly did, as his smile flinched into a suspicious narrowing of his eyes, scanning the shadows behind them. When he spotted Jimin, he narrowed his eyes even more, leaning his head forward to see clearer.

"Now who's that?" Sam looked at Namjoon, followed by Seokjin, followed by Hoseok. "No one? Okay, come here kid."

Yoongi looked like he was groaning inwardly; he seemed to have taken Jimin under his wing from the beginning, which was why the others had made him responsible for the boy until he'd gotten used to being one of them.

"Come on, introduce him to me! He's adorable!" Sam smiled, hands tied with each other on his lap, leaning forward as if saying high to a dog, or five year old child.

Taehyung snorted, arms crossed against his chest.

"Come on Tae, we won't do to him what happened to Jeongguk." Kevin smirked, winking at Taehyung when he glared at them, pain clear in his eyes.

Jeongguk, who somehow was less offended than Taehyung, grabbed his elder by the wrist and pulled him away a bit to calm him down. Although Hoseok was sure not to miss a moment to shit-talk the boy, he sure was an asset some times. Taehyung wouldn't be able to stay without him, that's for sure.

"Go, but don't get any closer to him than I am." Yoongi went back to him to pull him along, although Jimin seemed surprisingly calm.

"Well, well. Who's this?" Sam eyed Jimin, almost examining him, or even worse, checking him out.

"Jimin." He briefly answered, not once looking away from Sam's eyes.

"Hold on." Squinting his eyes, Sam bobbed his hand up and down, finger pointing at Jimin. "Jimin, as in.. Park, Jimin?"

"How'd you know?" Jimin gasped, taking a step back.

"Yeah, yeah. That's why you were familiar. You're Younha's nephew, huh? That old bitch from the orphanage?" Sam patted Jimin's shoulder before turning around and walking away. "Tony will like this."

"Hey! What about the crystal?" Seokjin shouted.

"It'll do for this time, but don't you dare fucking with us again." Sam didn't even turn around when answering.

"What the hell just happened?" Hoseok mumbled.

"Shit." Yoongi breathed, rubbing his eyes. "Someone's always gotta watch Jimin, alright?"

"Right." Namjoon nodded.

No one said a word for a minute, all watching Sam as he got in his car and drove off. Him leaving that briefly, in a better mood than when he'd arrived, for some reason never ended well.