Chapter 30. Meeting Eupheme again

'How the hell do I find that lifeless log in this mess?' Leo sighed in his mind as he arrived at the can field.

Tall symmetrically organized portable food stalls were lined up and beautifully set up in the clan field. Its makeshift alleys filled with people who were busy roaming the streets for food. And at the far end of the field was a huge vast empty clearing that was filled with countless people who were joyfully talking to each other while sitting down on a hard wooden chair. Upon arriving here, Leo immediately walked towards the clearing as he did not bother with the food stalls, he had used heavenly eyes and found that Eupheme was nowhere to be seen around the food stalls.

"Thank goodness I have these eyes..." Leo gratefully spoke to himself as he felt proud that he chose this talent.

And upon arriving at the clearing, Leo saw that all the commoners and nobles were all split into two groups. It seemed that all the nobles got all the chairs and were all huddled up in a corner of the field and furthermore, they were all sitting in group and each group somehow seemed to represent a certain clan as the color of clothes of each person in each group were all the same. They all seemed to ignore each other and were haughtily laughing within their group while drinking wine. On the other hand, the commoner all seemed to be standing on the ground as they seemed to be denied access to a chair. Nevertheless, Leo saw an extremely heartwarming scene as all the commoners on the field seemed to be happily talking to each other as smiled filled the field as parents conversed, talking about their kids and how proud they are and how they hoped for their sons and daughters to be bestowed with good talent.

'Amazing... All these commoners look so much happier than all of the nobles,' Leo thought in amazement.

"Now, to find that numpty, I need to hurry a bit," Leo quietly spoke to himself as he began to move a pace quicker and silently shuffled past a crowd of people.

"Looking for me?" Eupheme's lifeless sounded from behind Leo while he was busy making his way through the massive mess of commoners.

Leo was suddenly surprised as he did not expect Eupheme to manage to sneak behind him, "When did you sneak behind me?" Leo asked in surprise as he slowly turned to see Eupheme in his previous attire.

"I just wanted to have a bit of fun," Eupheme gave a slight smile as he sheepishly laughed.

"That is not like you, it definitely doesn't suit you," Leo scarily spoke as he looked at Eupheme with fear.

"Haha, I was looking for you too. I was surprised when I didn't see you in the Decan clan seatings, so I was about to come to the arena but it looks like I won't have to, now that I've found you," Eupheme spoke in a relieved tone, "Let's go and find a good place to talk."

Eupheme then turned around and moved to an isolated corner of the field that was opposite from the noble's section with Leo quickly following behind.

"Is there something bothering you?" Eupheme asked as he sensed that there was something bothering Leo.

"Not really, it's not that great of a problem. I'm really curious regarding how affinities work?" Leo admitted with a wry smile.

"Oh, that was all that was bothering you?" Eupheme asked in surprise as he sniggered lightly.

"Is it really stupid?" Leo innocently asked.

"No, since you come from a village, I'm not that surprised that you do not know about them. I'll explain it. Affinities are, in simple terms, the compatibility of the magical energy, that we call chakra, that is around you with your body. The magical energy in this world can also be broken into six elements. They are fire, water, earth, lightning, wind, and sound. The elements and their affinities are often determined through the strength of a hereditary bloodline or it is obtained from someone but that is a whole different topic. It can also be improved through the concoction of potions and herbal mixes but they often come at a high price as they often cost a lot of money to find and buy the ingredients. But you can expect that from the people here in Sapphire, the nobles will probably have the highest affinities talent levels here," Eupheme carefully explained.