08 | ODD ONE OUT

EDREI SAT DOWN on the sofa she was told to sit down on

EDREI SAT DOWN on the sofa she was told to sit down on. Oddly, she found the sofa comfortable and started fighting the urge to kick her boots off and fall asleep. In front of her sat a middle aged woman with short brown hair, she sent a welcoming smile at Edrei who didn't bother to return it and kept her poker face on. She still didn't know who or what these people were and she sure as hell won't act nice.

"Hi." The woman said, keeping the smile on her face.

Edrei didn't respond and furrowed her eyebrows a little, she leaned back in her seat, waiting for this to be over. She crossed her legs and stared at the woman for a few seconds before she turned around and set a camera up to face Edrei.

"You are filming this?" She asked, narrowing her eyes at the woman.

"If that's okay with you." She calmly answered.

Edrei thought about it for a second before agreeing, not wanting to be too stubborn. She put her hands in her lap and straightened her back to look somewhat decent. She usually didn't care about this kind of stuff but for some reason she started worrying about how she suddenly looked on camera. She didn't know why but the thought of someone actually seeing that tape set something off in her.

"What's your name?" Deanna asked her first question.

"Edrei." She answered "Edrei Dalton."

"Hmm." The woman hummed "How did you find these people?"

"At Terminus." She quietly answered "I reckon Rick told you all about that."

"He sure did." The woman chuckled and continued asking her simple questions.

The questions she asked were easy to answer and were not too personal. Edrei answered with two to three words, not feeling like talking much. Deanna seemed like a nice person, even tho this was some weird interview she didn't make it to that "harsh". She kept nodding her head at Edrei's answers and even offered her a glass of water that Edrei downed in the matter of seconds. It all went smoothly and as they were getting closer to the end Deanna asked her a question Edrei had been dreading to answer.

"Were you in a group before you met Rick's group?" The woman asked, with a more serious expression on her face.

"Yes." Edrei answered after thinking about it.

"Can you tell me anything about i-" Deanna asked again but got cut off by Edrei

"No."

Edrei's eyes widened and her fists clenched, her knuckles turning white by the second. She never told anyone about her past experiences with other groups, even if someone somehow found out anything about her past she threatened their life if they told anyone. Even though she was only 13 or 14 at the time, she was quite intimidating for a child her age, most of the people she met or survived with knew about her kill count, which was only 7 at the time. They didn't even try crossing her, not once.