04 | DUSK TILL DAWN

Edrei jumped up from where she was lying down at the sound of people rushing by past her, practically stomping outside

Edrei jumped up from where she was lying down at the sound of people rushing by past her, practically stomping outside. She'd been silently listening to Gabriel explain the scratch marks on the wall, and turns out he wasn't that innocent after all. He practically let families and children die just because of his cowardliness, and his idiotic idea to leave them all outside, begging for mercy while he kept his doors locked. He then started crying, and Edrei wasn't interested anymore, as all she could think about now was how uncomfortable these benches were to lay on.

She heard groans that were familiar to her ears as walkers, and Sasha's cries also made an appearance in the bundle of noise. She turned her head to the bench in front of her, but didn't see neither Carl or Judith. She decided to go outside to see what was happening, and saw Carl holding Judith in his arms by the door, careful not to let her see anything going on outside. Edrei didn't even ask what was happening, but she immediately pulled her dagger out and jogged outside, not knowing what to expect.

"Oh god." She whispered to herself when she saw Bob on the ground, except one of his legs was missing, and walkers were right on him, the only thing keeping them separated being the trees around them.

There were about seven walkers stumbling towards the church, and the group didn't waste another moment before starting to kill the walkers. She threw her dagger at one, too lazy to walk away from the church even though it wasn't a long walk. It hit the walker in the eye, and it fell down limp onto the grass. A shot then caught her attention, and she turned to see a walker fall right beside Rick, she though he just shot it but found it unusual he didn't just stab it and wasted a bullet. He then turned to the woods and began shooting at them and yelled for everyone to get inside.

Even in the pure darkness, the last thing she saw before running after the rest of them was a figure rushing in between trees as if it was running away from the shots Rick fired. You could say her heart skipped beat when she saw the person, since walkers didn't move that fast-ever, the feeling of someone watching them was stronger than ever now, since she now saw the person actually lurking around the church. She still held a strong feeling that this was Gabriel's deed, because there wasn't anyone holding a grudge against the group, the people from Terminus were dead, and not many people would just decide to show up to a random church to hunt people down.

"Go, Go!" Rick pushed her inside after firing another shot at basically nothing.

Edrei began to run inside, completely forgetting to even retrieve her dagger, but the thing that made her blood go cold was something Rick didn't seem to notice. A large 'A' was painted onto the wall in what looked to be blood, but since Rick immediately pushed her inside she didn't get a good look at it, but it was still all she could think about.

"A,A,A,A."
She kept repeating in her head, trying to remember what 'A' could mean. "Trapped." She whispered, quiet enough for no one to hear.

This had her believe either Daryl and Carol were trapped by them too, or the whole group was trapped in this church with no way out until those people come back to kill them. It made sense, after all, they can't flee in the middle of the night with no idea where to go next, and the church was small, which nowhere to hide except for the rooms Gareth could easily barge into. They really were trapped, like sitting ducks, waiting for danger to struck and be killed. You can't say Edrei got scared easily, since she grew up watching everything and anything, not just movies, but real life situations-especially in the apocalypse, so it came as a surprise to her when she started feeling scared all of a sudden. She wasn't scared of her dying, but didn't want to watch all of these people (including her) get eaten by some cannibals for breakfast.