03 | TREASURES MIDDEN

Edrei slowly trailed behind the group, feeling bad about just following them towards the gate even though there really was nowhere to go. Fortunately the group buried a duffle bag packed with weapons before they almost fell victim under Terminus, and Edrei was gifted a brand new dagger. Even though nothing could replace her's; a gift from her father, she felt relieved, as of now she was put to ease because the weapon used to take people's lives would never lie in her hand again.

Her new dagger had a beautiful blue handle that got dirty over time, and the pain slowly started to chip, showing off the light wood under. It felt right in her hand, like it was made for her, even though she kew it wasn't. The blade was thoroughly cleaned, and the reflection of trees and blue skies always seemed to distract her from the group conversations. She hadn't talked to anyone yet, since everyone was busily with catching up with one of the group members they met after escaping the "sanctuary". The woman was the cause of the fire, and even though she was a total badass she seemed nice. Her name was Carol, she was in her mid-50s and had really short grey hair, it was like a pixie cut, but even shorter. She and Daryl, who she used to recognise as "angel wings", were best friends since the rest thing he did when she appeared was give her the biggest hug ever, he even shed a few tears.

They were all following her now, just like she instructed them since she had something to show Rick. From all their conversations she learned everyone's names, and they all know her's because Rick asked why she was with them. She found this weird, since he saved her from being eaten alive moments ago, but decided not to question, since they never really accepted her, just pulled her along with them. It was probably because they felt bad about leaving her alone, after all, in their eyes she was just a little girl that didn't know anything about-anything.

She looked up from the reflection, and noticed they were going up a small hill now. The woods also started to sparse and when they got to the top of the hill they were met with the familiar faces of Tyreese and the baby, Judith. A grin appeared on Edrei's lips, as she was thankful they made it alive. Carl and Rick sprinted towards them and took Judith in their arms, happy tears streaming down their face.

"No, she's Carl's. He's one of the older kids from the prison."

The memory of Mika introducing her to Judith suddenly came back, that's why his name sounded so familiar to her. Everyone's faces lit up at the sight of the two, and it didn't take long for Sasha to run over and hug Tyreese, Edrei figured he was her brother, for if he were her boyfriend they'd probably give each other a peck on the lips.

It was now that she realised this was the group from the prison, the one Mika wouldn't stop talking about. They all probably had the same plan of going to Terminus and finding each other, and fortunately they did.

"My god." Tyreese whispered when he saw Edrei standing next to the group.

Her eyes were wide, but she noticed something odd. Lizzie and Mika were nowhere in sight, and she knew Tyreese wouldn't let anything bad happen to them. She still tried to look around for them, but nothing, not even a single strand of their luscious blonde hair.

"Where are Lizzie and Mika?" She furrowed her brows and tilted hr head a little to the side.

Carol looked down at her, and when she noticed her stern stare she shut herself up. Carol gave her this look that had "Don't mention them." All over. She pursed her lips, as if she was about to say something but was at a loss of words, she never thought something bad could happen to them, yeas, they were weak and if they were left alone with walkers around they would have little to no chance of surviving, but imagining them dead just looked and sounded wrong. It was like seeing the main character in a movie die, it just sounded wrong.