Worst Valentines Days Ever. (Best!)

I sighed, making my way back to Eren and I's shared home. It was Feburary 14th, and I was so tired after training the cadets in the snow. It was a rare occassion it snowed here, but when it does, we still have to go on. Titans seem to not care if there is snow, or not. They'll attack when they feel like it.

I looked at the ground as I walked toward the door, and I noticed something I really wish hadn't caught my attention.

Sighing in annoyance, I walked over toward it and went to pick up whatever I saw, when I sunk into the snow about half a foot deep. I blinked and pulled my boot back up and out of the snow, to notice what I had stepped in. The new snow that had been falling had slightly made a fake blanket over the footprint of a Titan.

Without thinking, I ran over to what originally had caught my eye, and knelt down, digging it out of the snow. My hands were numb from the cold as I did this, but I needed comfirmation that I was wrong about this assumption. I sadly wasn't.

Gasping as I spotted what I recognized as Eren's basement key that was on a string, I grabbed it out of the snow to discover that the string was soaked with blood, and the area around it was as well.

I shook in fear and tried to assure myself I was just jumping to conclusions. It didn't really work because of two thing;

1.) I looked up to realize that the smoke I had assumed was from the homes around here, was actually farther back, and it was way too big for a fire.

2.) I heard a weak 'Heichou' come from behind me and to my right, which causes me to turn around immediately and gasp in complete and utter disgust, fear, and shock.

Infront of me, a good five meters away, was Eren limping toward me, covering in blood, with one of his arms ripped off and not regenerating, and he had burn marks on his face from his Titan form.

Why had no one seem him transform? Why had no one heard him transform? Did no one notice that the last fucking hope of humanity transformed?!

I gripped the key closer and ran over to Eren, getting to him just in time for him to lose feeling in his body and fall into my arms. I looked my lover up and down in rage at how I couldn't of saved him, and he was going to die in my arms.

I took in all of his wounds, before looking at his face and see this god damn brat smiling at me as he died. His life was slipping away, and he was using his ever so fading strength to smile at me?!

"Heichou.. I'm glad you're the last one I get to see.." Eren croaked out and that made me grow angry, with a mixture of denial and sadness.

"Eren! You're not gonna die, okay? I just have to get you to Hanji and you'll be fine--" Eren cut me off with a shake of his head and the only hand he has left caressing my cheek. He wiped away some of the tears that had apparently fell out of my eyes without me knowing, because he laughed weakily. This action, even though he probably didn't mean to, caused him to have flood fly up and out of his mouth, spilling over his chin.

"Le....vi.. I.." He coughed and then looked at me as I started to panic. I noticed his skin was almost as white as the snow we sat in, except it was now covered in blood, tainting it scarlet, as much as I was covered in blood. His blood. My lovers blood. Eren continued, wanting to make me promise something apparently, but he never got to finish his sentence.

"Levi.. I love you, and I will watch over you.. so.. Promise me... that.. you will... be... strong.. and......--"

His hand dropped and his eyes closed, while his body went limp. My eyes widened and I shook him softly. "Hey... Eren.. Eren, Hey! Come on Eren, what did you want me to promise you?!" I cried out and pressed my ear against his chest, hoping it hear at least a faint heartbeat, but I was oh so let down.