his hawaiian shirt

*amy's pov*

after screaming like crazy people, laughing and him spinning me around, my throat was a little dry "we should go back up to the house, get some drinks and come back down in bathing suits, and bring the squad" jake suggests with a smile. "babe deadass i was just thinking about how thirsty i am" i laugh and look semi shocked at the fact that we were thinking the same thing. "that's cause our brains are one" he laughs and looks at me like he is stating the obvious. i laugh and smile "you wish you had my brain" i add sarcastically while laughing some more. he lightly pushes my shoulder in a joking manner and proceeds to start walking back to the trail. "of course the trail has to be super steep and hard to walk up" jake exhales heavily and takes big steps in the trial trying to cover as much ground in one step as he possibly can. i look behind me to see where jake was in the trail because i sped past him and was going up in a breeze. "ladies and gentlemen the fit and fast NYPD" i laugh a lot at my own joke which is embarrassing but i know jake won't find me embarrassing. he catches up to me shortly and about a minute later we are done the trail and about fifty feet from the beach house. "well if you didn't need a drink then, you'll need one now" i chuckle and reach for his hand, he laughs at me and exhales again letting out a sigh of exhaustion.

walking in the house we see terry still sitting in the lazy boy, scully and hitchcook are asleep on the couch. charles and rosa are playing cards while holt observes and makes comments about their strategy, and of course gina is sitting with her feet on rosa's lap scrolling through twitter. i can't help but let out a small smile while i see my squad, my family sitting enjoying life and being here together, safe.
jake pitches his beach afternoon with drinks idea and to no surprise the squad is on board and they all get up to get changed, we walk into the room that now held countless memories of our drunken night, seeing how messy it was made me chuckle while i grabbed my bathing suit out of my bag. "ill go in the bathroom, just let me know when you're ready" i say and quickly kiss him on the cheek while walking into the bathroom. i avoid looking in the mirror too much but i manage to quickly fix my hair then start getting changed. "love i'm ready whenever" he says a little loudly to make sure i hear him, i reach for my bikini noticing the neck part is untied, so i put it on and hold it in pass then get out of the bathroom. "jake could you help me with this?" i ask smiling holding my strings tightly with my fingers. he nods and walks over to me then motions me to spin around so he can access the back of the bathing suit. he quickly ties it in a double knot and asks me if it's too tight. i shake my head slightly then look down again. i see a few of my scratches that have started to scar up and i frown slightly. my frown must of caught jakes eye because he's looking at me softly and he grabs my hands. "ames, you're beautiful, and look" he stops for a second to smile and look down to observe my scarred up body "they are healing, they look really good and they are not noticeable and here i have an idea" he lets go of my hand and rummages through his bag and takes out his blue hawaiian shirt with bright pink flamingos on it and holds it up smiling. "here, you'd look absolutely stunning wearing this over your bathing suit" he walks towards me in a soft waddle and a smile hoping to make me smile.
as he makes his way over to me and stops in front of me handing me the shirt, i can't help but smile lightly. "jake youre so sweet, are you sure i can wear this? won't the salt water ruin the shirt or stretch it out?" i say taking the shirt hesitantly. he shakes his head in a consistent motion "oh ames, that's non-sense, it's just a shirt, and my clothes are your clothes now" he says smiling at me more. i laugh back lightly taking my free hand and tucking my hair behind my ear. i take the shirt that was luckily already un-buttoned and slip it on fixing the collar lightly and as i'm about to button it jake stops me.
"here let me get that for you hon" he says slowly and delicately buttoning up the shirt for me slowly kneeling down the lower the buttons are on the shirt.
he slowly gets up letting his finger tips trace the sides of my body on the way up. "you look absolutely amazing, it fits you so well" he says now cupping his hands on my cheeks. i smile and lean my cheek softly into his left hand. after a few moments of feeling his embrace and feeling more and more comfortable with my body now that i have his shirt on, i slowly pull away from him smiling.

"i feel a lot better now babe, thank you" i pause for a moment to look down at myself and then back at him. "now we can go party" i say with my smile growing and my eyes widen. "not before i get a kiss" he exclaims with a smirk leaning in towards me. i kiss him softly for a few seconds then slowly pull him into a tight hug and put my face in the crook of his neck. after another few moments i pull away softly but grabbing on to his hand. "okay come on, let's go, we initiated these plans so we can't not go now" i laugh starting to walk towards the door.