messy hair

*amys pov*

opening my eyes i feel my head pounding and my eyes are sensitive to the light, i haven't been this hungover in a long time, jake and i had almost two bottles of tequila, but man was it a good time, i feel more connected to him than ever. after registering that im actually awake i can feel jakes heart beat through my ear, im laying against his chest curled up under the cotton knitted blanket. he's breathing loudly, but not an annoying loud, a calming and reassuring loud. i place my hand on his chest and slowly running my fingers along his chest. minutes later i can feel jake toss and turn lightly. he groans softly and places his arm around me wrapping me up closer towards him. "good morning my love" he says in a soft tired tone, i lift my head up to look at him in his eyes and to admire his soft smile, i peck his soft lips and smile "mm good morning babe" i smile a little more then rest my head back on his chest. jake takes his finger and runs them through my hair repeatedly in a soft motion. "so how hungover are you" he says still in a tired tone, i feel his body chuckle lightly. "oh god, so badly hungover" i laugh," we definitely drank too much" i laugh some more, "but so worth it may i add" he says rubbing my back. my heart feels full and so warm, this feeling, being in his arms is the safest place i could be. i pull him into a tighter hug, i never wanna leave his arms, i never wanna leave this place, this is so perfect, he is so perfect. "this, this is perfect, i could stay here forever" i say smiling still guiding my fingers along his chest over his t-shirt. "well we could but what about the big squad vacation, shouldn't we go spend time with them?" he chuckles and sits up a little so his head is rested higher up on the pillow. he has a point, this is the squad weekend, we cant just ditch them, but man do i ever want to. "the one time youre thoughtful about the squad" i laugh "but, you got a point peralta" i laugh again and decide to stretch my arms a little and i sit up. "youre cute with messy hair, did you know that" he smiles and messily plays with my hair to make it even more messy than it already is. "mother fucker-" i cut myself off laughing and trying to sleek my hair back down. "now youre asking for it" i laugh and jump on top of him pinning his arms down than messing up his hair. sitting on top of him i can feel my heart racing and my breathing speeding up as my body fills up with excitement. after messing up his hair i bend over and kiss both his cheeks and then his forehead. "how does it feel loser" i laugh and he shakes his head. "lucky, you too are cute with messy hair" i smile and laugh. he releases himself from being pinned down and flips me over and pins me down on the bed laughing and holding my hands down. "good" he says with a smirk, "we can agree, we are both cute with messy hair, lets just keep it that way always" he laughs and slowly releases me from being pinned down while laughing. he gets up and looks down at his clothes in confusion, "did we like not change into pjs last night" he chuckles still slightly confused on when he's wearing jeans, and a white undershirt. i sit up stretching my arms one last time before standing up. "well with the amount we drank im surprised we even made it in a bed and didn't pass out on the floor" i laugh getting up looking down at my own clothes. my light blue jeans that are way too tight, and my white blouse with flowers on it thats messily tucked into the jeans. fixing up my shirt quickly and rummaging through my bag for an elastic i decide to messily tie my hair into a bun. "see, even with your hair tied up youre cute" he smiles at me and approaches me softly. "my conclusion is that youre cute all around all the time" he wraps his arms around my waist and gives me a softly hug. "thank you jake, thats very sweet of you" i smile and feel myself blush. we hug for a minute then i pull away softly. "shouldnt we go get something to eat? or change? go join the squad like you said?" i smile and place my hands on his shoulders softly. "yes we should, but you, this room, this moment, these memories, this massive hangover... i dont want this to end, i dont want this moment to end ever" he smiles softly "plus, i was slightly kidding about hanging with the squad, we see them all the time" he adds after a few seconds. "okay here's a plan, how about we get changed, fix our messy hair, maybe cuddle for a few minutes than go out and enjoy the company, maybe have a beer in the hot tub, after all, the best way to cure a hangover is to drink it away" i say chuckling after the last part. "oh ames, you always have the smartest plans, you always know what to do" he says smiling kissing my forehead. he walks over to his bag and takes a pair of swim shorts and a fresh t-shirt and walks towards the bathroom that connects to the room. "shout at me when youre ready for me to come out" he smiles walking into the bathroom. i grab a one piece bathing suit out of my bag along with a yellow sundress and i quickly get changed. i shout at jake for him to come back out whenever he's done and he does shortly. "ready to go?" i say smiling reaching over for his hand. he takes my hand and pulls me close to him till our bodies collide. "you said cuddle for a few minutes, where are all my cuddles he says smiling. "i did in fact say cuddles" i smile softly and motion him towards the bed, "come on you big baby, five minutes of cuddles"

-jj